Sasquatch Shortlist!

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    pmbomb said:
    I think Tony made a fair point re song sign-up feeding frenzy, there's a chance people could get left behind (@luttis kindly pinged me or I wouldn't have known) or reluctant to step up.

Worth tagging/mailing all attendees?

I signed up for 3 but happy to be bumped if it means everyone gets a shot.
    We did quite a lot of songs twice at Quad, and that was with five hours, not two days.  Just because a name is in a spot, doesn't mean someone else can't play as well, or we do another run through.

Nobody need be put off, there is lots of time to sign up and we can do different versions.

I'll keep an eye on the suggestions as they build up, we will make sure everyone gets to play on what they want on the days.

If you have signed up and are lurking, put your name down for whatever you like, we will make sure you get to play.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @Bridgehouse - I think you’ve done a brilliant job - but I can understand dealing with the level of grief you’ve described must be a thankless task. Really sorry that you’re bowing out but fully understand why. Thank you for all you’ve done.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Bridgehouse Dude, come along and just play.There are enough if us who organise big events who can help out. Take a break, be a participant and enjoy the music without the hassle. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    edited December 2018
    Cards on the table - I’m finding all of this just too hard. 

Organising a Jam session is something that is difficult to describe unless you’ve done it for yourself - and not just on the periphery - I mean carrying the can. 

Since starting this I’ve tried to tread a very very thin line - a line that means that in the main, the jams try to make as many people as possible as happy as possible and somehow has the pretty much impossible blend of “what each people wants out of the jam”. 

So I am going to regretfully withdraw from organising. I’ve been thinking this for a while - this thread certainly hasn’t caused this. The currently organised jams will happen, and I will support them, but if there are to be more in future then someone else will have to do them.

Oh, and to those who PM’d me asking me to stop banging on about the jam sessions as you were bored of hearing about them - here you go, I’m stopping - and fuck you very much for your support.

Sorry to hear that @bridgehouse - Ive gained a lot of enjoyment and learning from the Jams you've organised.

The first one I turned up to (Quad) I hadn't played live for 25 years (gave up guitar for about 20 of those) and nervously played two songs badly, but met @darthed1981, @legionreturns, @brocco who were in a similar place to me. I was a bit intimidated by the house band, but thought I'd learn a lot from putting myself through that and loved the guts and bottle Ed showed to get through "Plug In Baby" - that showed someone who was willing to put his ego aside and learn by doing it!

Over the next few jam sessions, I added more and more to what I wanted to do - I played drums in public for the first time in Northampton, added basic singing/shouting Pretty Vacant at Hudds, played guitar and sang (slightly better) and danced! at Woking, played a Gig at Hudds Mk2 and felt good doing a few solos at Quad Mk2 - so each time putting more effort in and getting more out. Ive listened back and thought "that sounds a bit ropey" but that was ME sounding a bit LESS ropey than last time! Ive made great friends and been inspired by others (who are way better than me but always friendly and supportive) to put more effort in and try to make better music.

Theres been spin off Jams that people have organised to help others get out an play music - @Brocco and @snags should be given great credit for starting those.

Thankyou for that opportunity, and I hope I can get the chance to play music with you again in future! 

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    I’ve started a separate thread with my above post in so as not to derail this one - which is primarily for Sasquatch song list choices...!
  • Paradise city and holiday road - woohoo!!
    And if there's an acoustic bit, I will totally be up for that.. 

Awesome!!
  • Paradise city and holiday road - woohoo!!
    And if there's an acoustic bit, I will totally be up for that.. 

Awesome!!
    I'll start a gig list shortly, but you don't need to put song details up for the acoustic bit. Just let me know you want a slot. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    This thread is like that bit in "Threads" where all the on-screen text goes from "there was a slight disagreement in the Middle East" to "everyone started throwing thermonuclear weapons at each other" in about two minutes....

Still, everyone can still sign up for songs for February, we have two days of recordings to fill, so have at slot-grabbing.

If you are a newbie to the jams, or need some support or help choosing a song, PM me, I'll try to help :)
    Might be worth tagging all the paid up attendees Ed, make sure they know the sign up list is live.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited December 2018
    mrkb said:
    Might be worth tagging all the paid up attendees Ed, make sure they know the sign up list is live.
    Yes fair point calling...

please come and make your slot requests...
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Also might be worth tagging those who are down but not paid.. so they can also get in gear :)
    LuttiS said:
    Also might be worth tagging those who are down but not paid.. so they can also get in gear :)
    Just sorting out some logistics on that now.
  • I'd like to play lead on lil devil as it was my suggestion.

Happy to provide rhythm or lead duties where needed.  As long as I'm not asked to sing or play drums I think I'll be okay to sit in on most things.
  • Really need to learn to read the OP fully - only just noticed Waiting for an Alibi on there.  I'd like to put my name down for the main lead part if someone would be kind enough to do rhythm/harmony duties.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    anyone travelling from M25 area and want to share transport? I'm between J9/J10.

could pick up virtually anywhere from my place to the destination, eg on the M1 etc.

(if solo might try the train!)

@darthed1981 Is there a Spotify playlist for these yet? If not I can create one later tonight.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    @darthed1981 Is there a Spotify playlist for these yet? If not I can create one later tonight.
    Hi @mrkb by all means I've not had time to put one together yet, thanks.
    mrkb said:

OK - here it is - Are you sure you have the right artist for All Along the Watchtower? Dylan wasn't much of a jammer.

https://open.spotify.com/user/mrkb/playlist/3fRbowbUB8iBGNgHlqADAb?si=Pfe-_jcFQ4q8RLRGaWcoGg

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:

OK - here it is - Are you sure you have the right artist for All Along the Watchtower? Dylan wasn't much of a jammer.

https://open.spotify.com/user/mrkb/playlist/3fRbowbUB8iBGNgHlqADAb?si=Pfe-_jcFQ4q8RLRGaWcoGg

Hi mate yes, was so @Bridgehouse can get stuck in with his Harmonica