Jam organisation

What's Hot

Comments

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @bridgehouse and @mrkb (and all other organisers) - the jams I have attended have been excellent, thank you!  Please know that your efforts ARE very much appreciated by those I have connected with at these events.

In terms of future jams, and in particular, the Bristol jam in June next year which @fandango and I are organising, maybe we should consider communicating that any non-confidential PM's on the side sent to organisers will be reposted into the main discussion so that tFB jams can be a positive experience for all involved, organisers included. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3261
    tFB Trader
    is water rats still going ahead and if not what about refunds

I have no idea why people pm anyone, it's supposed to be a friendly informal jam, turn up and play, it's pretty straight forward

Shame this has happened but these people have caused it themselves. 

I'm also glad i met 5 or 6 people on this forum to practice with, we meet up maybe once a month to bash out some stuff for fun, it's been really good, I'm lazy but it makes me practice more which is good
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Water rats still going ahead as it stands. I said I’d see the organised ones through, just won’t be doing any more
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Water rats still going ahead as it stands. I said I’d see the organised ones through, just won’t be doing any more
    Likewise Sasquatch is on, but after the Feb weekend we'll not be running another one. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This is all very sad but inevitable considering the shit that the organisers have had to put up with from several quarters. 

Since it looks like February will be the last tFB jam in Huddersfield, let’s make it as good as we can.

@ttony can you confirm the organisers have received the funds that have been paid to you so they can start booking things up for Feb? I imagine Bob needs a deposit. My £40 was paid back in August.  Keep 10% as a donation to tFB. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited December 2018
    ... the shit that the organisers have had to put up with from several quarters. 
    inexplicable to me. just does not compute, and is frustrating. no I don't blame peeps for backing off from more, life's too short. I'm sorry for what you've had to put up with. shouldn't happen.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I really don't know what to make of this, it's equally disappointing and surprising.

Personally, from someone who has never been to a jam it sounded all super chilled and easy going but clearly there is a lot going on behind the scenes I was unaware of. 

If there is anything I can do to help with Water Rats in April, please ask.

Likewise if the organisers decide it is all too much I'll totally understand, happy to donate my fees to the FB or to cover any cancellation cost - I was happy to attend just to support the forum and didn't particularly expect anything from it.
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    I don't know what else to say except thank you to those that have given up time to organise these events and echo those that cannot understand why the need for PM's about something so simple to be a part of.  I have been to three - I think, and while not necasarily at the forefront of the songs, i have enjoyed the easy going, inclusive approach, so thank you; you know who you are.

Separately, I may be looking sketchy for Sasquatch, but still trying to make it work. If I really can't, can my fee be rolled on to Bristol by any chance?
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    edited December 2018
    @Bridgehouse - Sorry to hear this, I for one certainly dont underestimate the work that must go on in the background, I have to say that the 3 times Ive attended Ive found it to be excellent, sure theres the odd glitch, but thats life ...

I can tell you for sure that most of us are very appreciative of your efforts to get us out the house and playing in a live environment, trust me your work, does not go un-noticed.

Im on a few forums and if they all had people as keen and willing as some of you guys we would all be in a better place.

Have a think about it...need a hand?...shout up...we like Jam days !

Anyone fancy a Bham jam ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    Blimey - sorry to hear it's become such a ball-ache.

Sounds like a good old fashioned 'List of cunts' is needed to clear the air!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Since it looks like February will be the last tFB jam in Huddersfield, let’s make it as good as we can.

@ttony can you confirm the organisers have received the funds that have been paid to you so they can start booking things up for Feb? I imagine Bob needs a deposit. My £40 was paid back in August.  Keep 10% as a donation to tFB. 
    @Modellista ;
    re your first comment - I'd just say not necessarily "the last" in Hudds - watch this space ;) - but that's no reason not to make it as good as it can be ...

re the second comment - there's an early post (usually second/third) in the thread for each session that keeps a note of who's signed up, and who's paid (12 so far for Hudds).    I either settle with the venue direct (if I'm there) or a.n.other of the organising team does so, generally by credit card.  I/they then get refunded from the PP receipts.    If deposits are necessary, then I can sort those if/when requested.

Thanks for the offer of diverting 10% to forum coffers, but I tend to keep the session finances separate from general finances - no cross subsidisation from one to the other.  The sessions have - to date - run a small surplus which we discussed using to fund a "session kit" of leads, guitar stands, whatever that would be useful stuff to have around at a session for general attendee use.
    :)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    re surplus - should it ever need a home, we recently did a gig as part of a festival with collection for: http://www.musiciansagainsthomelessness.net/

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    pmbomb said:
    re surplus - should it ever need a home, we recently did a gig as part of a festival with collection for: http://www.musiciansagainsthomelessness.net/

Brings back to mind the "Gimme Shelter"  tour that we almost arranged here back in early 2016  with Alnico & Jooky ... 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098

poopot said:

What I have come to not appreciate is the subsequent snipping that has come to light... apparently “don’t they know it’s my song” and “why should I have some arsehole widdling over my song” was mentioned.

well tbh, without some arsehole widdling all over your song it would really have fallen flat on its fucking arse pal!...

Eh... who said all that "who is widdling on my song" nonsense - name and shame! @poopot :lol:

Wouldn’t be RRight for me to say ;)
    couldn't be me, I'm years away from being good enough to widdle.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    I've been known to widdle in the churchyard late at night.  Songs? I normally shit all over those :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    TTony said:

@Modellista ;
    re your first comment - I'd just say not necessarily "the last" in Hudds - watch this space ;) - but that's no reason not to make it as good as it can be ...

re the second comment - there's an early post (usually second/third) in the thread for each session that keeps a note of who's signed up, and who's paid (12 so far for Hudds).    I either settle with the venue direct (if I'm there) or a.n.other of the organising team does so, generally by credit card.  I/they then get refunded from the PP receipts.    If deposits are necessary, then I can sort those if/when requested.

Thanks for the offer of diverting 10% to forum coffers, but I tend to keep the session finances separate from general finances - no cross subsidisation from one to the other.  The sessions have - to date - run a small surplus which we discussed using to fund a "session kit" of leads, guitar stands, whatever that would be useful stuff to have around at a session for general attendee use.
    :)

I surprised the jams don’t contribute more than that towards the forum funds - There were 25 people playing £27 to attend (that’s £675) at Quad jam I helped organise and the costs were about £250 for the venue and £100 for the excellent drummer, so £350 ish in total. Were there other costs ? They should be seen as a good fund raiser event, perhaps music charity donations such as pmbomb mentioned could be an output from future jams? I think the Hudds Jam raised funds for a local charity, which was good to be part of.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    This is all very sad but inevitable considering the shit that the organisers have had to put up with from several quarters. 

Fir the record, I have already stumped up a £150 deposit for Bristol. Yet to be remunerated.

Am hoping that @Brocco and I can pick some brains for this, and pull in some help from other quarters. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    mrkb said:

I surprised the jams don’t contribute more than that towards the forum funds - There were 25 people playing £27 to attend (that’s £675) at Quad jam I helped organise and the costs were about £250 for the venue and £100 for the excellent drummer, so £350 ish in total. Were there other costs ? They should be seen as a good fund raiser event, perhaps music charity donations such as pmbomb mentioned could be an output from future jams? I think the Hudds Jam raised funds for a local charity, which was good to be part of.
    ^this... Woking was £15/head and there was 25 attendees on the day and a few that paid and didn’t turn up (iirc). The venue was only £190 for the day... the drummer didn’t get paid at that one.

could have been a nice “community” donation.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    fandango said:
    This is all very sad but inevitable considering the shit that the organisers have had to put up with from several quarters. 

Fir the record, I have already stumped up a £150 deposit for Bristol. Yet to be remunerated.

Am hoping that @Brocco and I can pick some brains for this, and pull in some help from other quarters. 
    Are you sure that’s a deposit @fandango, the Woking venue was only £40 more! ;)

Suggest you get that from the jam funds, doesn’t seem right that you are out of pocket for helping organising. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1