Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Please See "Water Rats April 19 - Song List"

What's Hot

Comments

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Who's going to attempt singing Radiohead?!

I'm still thinking of a couple of song suggestions but will be bringing the Taylor again for anyone to use.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Depending on which song, I'll have a crack at it.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6767
    Can I suggest Rocks by Primal Scream? Anyone play keyboards? I could use my EHX B9.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • My suggestions anyways...

An Oasis song (maybe "Columbia" this time, or "Don't Look Back In Anger")

I Saw Her Standing There by the Beatles

but aim for this sort of version...

@MtB are you spreadsheeting these?  Happy to do so if it helps?

I'll second I Saw Her Standing There, was going to post that as one of mine.  Bagsy Georges parts please!  Played that a gig a while back and was great fun.

Heres the "in the room" recordings from the recent Quad jam if you want to get an idea of the range of tracks played, and range of abilities that got together to all make some music (forum member played keys, bass, guitar, vocals and some drums). Everyone contributed to the music and got something from the event.

https://soundcloud.com/user-703938053-641465774/sets/quad-jam-nov-18/s-zrBu3

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Oh, there seems to be plenty of takers for Comfy, could this be a good time to renege on my verbal agreement with @munckee on a duo?  =)

Only because I'm thinking of others and definitely not because I've still yet to learn any of it and am absolutely bricking myself about playing live.  :#
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12324
    Fuengi said:
    Oh, there seems to be plenty of takers for Comfy, could this be a good time to renege on my verbal agreement with @munckee on a duo?  =)

Only because I'm thinking of others and definitely not because I've still yet to learn any of it and am absolutely bricking myself about playing live.  :#
    Nobody reneges on munckee. Unless they study Brazilian ju jitsu, oh wait...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Chaps... as mentioned our little covers band (the chicken thieves) have a gig on this date... Matt the drummer will deffo not be attending...

I may pop in at some point during the day but more than likely won’t...

however, if anyone fancies poping down to one of our gigs in the future feel free and come say hello (2019 gigs not announced just yet).

Waterrats it’s booked for that date tho’ and I’m sure Kim is looking forward to hosting you all!...

cheers luvs...

That’s a pity @poopot it was great jamming on Tush at the last event!

who is organising this event now? I’m happy to play a few songs on drums it’ll need a proper drummer for most of the songs.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    mrkb said:

who is organising this event now? I’m happy to play a few songs on drums it’ll need a proper drummer for most of the songs.
    I need a local to take over or it all gets too hard!
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    mrkb said:

It is a pity... but as mentioned in the other thread

My infuriation and reluctance to join in the fun has everything to do with the snide comments made after the Southern Jam that I have recently been made aware of. (I would like to add that I was not down to play on anything at waterrats that day and was more than happy with my role as Jam organiser).

Snide comments made by @TTony and aimed at myself (after stepping in on a song) for reasons best know to @TTony. ;

Comments such as “don’t they know it’s my song” and “why should I have some arsehole widdling over my song” really are the sort of comments you would expect from a petulant child rather than a grown man.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    mrkb said:

I need a local to take over or it all gets too hard!
    Not being able to get hard is nothing to be ashamed of old man!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Has this Jam been cancelled now ??
    Has this Jam been cancelled now ??
    Not sure, just seen @poopot is taking a break for a week. Is anyone based in the area that can deal with the studio? I’m willing to help on the day.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Not sure, just seen @poopot is taking a break for a week. Is anyone based in the area that can deal with the studio? I’m willing to help on the day.
    Well, I've been refunded for the day - weird!
    mrkb said:
    That’s because Tony has left the forum and refunded everyone rather than pass the funds onto another organiser. Give it a few days to see if anyone steps forward to help out.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    That’s because Tony has left the forum and refunded everyone rather than pass the funds onto another organiser. Give it a few days to see if anyone steps forward to help out.
    Oh.. Sorry been busy with other stuff lately. Thanks for the update  :#
    I'm not near the venue but @MtB is running the playlist and I don't mind sorting the money. Is it just a case of getting everyone to PayPal me and then me paying the studio. Are there any other costs?
    munckee said:
    I'm not near the venue but @MtB is running the playlist and I don't mind sorting the money. Is it just a case of getting everyone to PayPal me and then me paying the studio. Are there any other costs?
    Drummer - without a good drummer (ie not me!) it’s very difficult to get good versions of the songs. Need to find one and offer them cash to learn 20 songs to a good standard!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    munckee said:
    Drummer - without a good drummer (ie not me!) it’s very difficult to get good versions of the songs. Need to find one and offer them cash to learn 20 songs to a good standard!
    I do not know a drummer (other than you!) only people I know anywhere near Woking who may know a drummer we could hire (if we can find them) would be @snags and @Danny1969 do either of you chaps know anyone who could help for a bit of cash?