Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which departed Celeb do you miss the most?

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    ICBM said:
    Carl Sagan
    There are literally billions and billions of stars...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Sagan's a good choice.  He died too young.  I came to him late so don't "miss" him; he did his work with this:
    The Demon Haunted World tipped me from one world view to another.  (This is not trivial!!)  He was already dead when I read it.  That's why I don't miss him.  But what a great book.  
    The one I miss:
    Leonard Cohen.
    He did his best stuff in the 60s.  And again in the 70s.  And 80s.  And... this wonderful old geezer was doing powerful, thoughtful, deep stuff right to the end.  I miss him.  He could have lived to 104 and still been good.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Eric Morecombe. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bruce Lee, Gary Moore, Elvis, George Michael, Gene Wilder, Rik Mayall, Robin Williams, Laurel & Hardy. 
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2189

Stephen Hawking or Cheggers 

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    edited December 2018
    Rik Mayall by a country mile. And Dimebag too. They lived for what they did and both had so much more to give  :'(
  • Zappa and Holdsworth. Only musical "celebrities" I felt anything about their passing.

More recently though, I was a bit upset about Paul Sherwen. The voice of the Tour de France on Channel 4 for my generation with Phil Liggett :(

Image result for paul sherwen

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Always a shock when an ex-athlete dies relatively young from heart failure. RIP Paul.
  • Paul and Phil Liggett's 89 tour commentary is up there with Kenneth Wolstenholme's "they think it's all over". RIP Paul.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• fobfob Frets: 1430

Oscar Peterson - A truly immense talent and I challenge you to find an interview where he doesn't come across as a really great guy.

Richard Beckinsale - A few nominations for Big Ron but I think Beckinsale was a staggering talent. I can't imagine Porridge or Rising Damp would have had the humanity they had with a different actor in his place.

Gary Mason - I knew Gary a little (an acquaintance really) but he was always one of the friendliest people you could hope to meet. Ready with a smile and a quip and very down to earth.

• Gary Moore  - saw him play 3 times but that was nowhere near enough!
  • Although I love Hendrix/Freddie/SRV I wonder if they were around today would they are their music be thought of as being as great as it was (or as we think it is today).
    Hendrix I could see turning his back on the whole Rock star thing, learning Jazz and disappearing up his own arse just playing obscure Jazz clubs with his back catalog being forgotten.
    Queen may have become even more of an end of pier band than they are today.
    SRV may have become as predictable as Clapton is today.