Refurbished IPADS anyone?

What's Hot
Hello all 

considering a refurbished IPAD as an xmas present for one of the kids....

anyone any experience of refurbished IPADS?

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    Bugger... I thought you were selling them then !

I have two ipads I bought second hand and they've been flawless.  I love them !
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • I got my Air 2 refurbished direct from Apple back in 2016 and it has been a really good buy. Saved me a nice bit of cash at the time and still offer similar performance to the basic 2018 model based on benchmarks. Will certainly be looking at going with a refurb again in a few years whenever iOS leaves this model behind.

If I recall for their own refurbs Apple change the battery and fit a new back cover. Apart from the outer box which has certified refurbished on it you would really think they were brand new. 

Just make sure you know the exact model you want and compare pricing to general suppliers as the discounts quoted are against the original price when announced so some refurbs are less of a good deal. 
  • thank you @MelodicLydian and @Emp_Fab ;

where did you get your from @Emp_Fab if you dont mind me asking?
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    Just ebay...  private sellers both of them.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    I bought mine used on eBay, also flawless. Very useful little gadgets. They only issue I have with it is that using the Kindle app on it seems to drain the battery quite quickly but I imagine that's down to Amazon's app rather than the machine.
  • dandldandl Frets: 36
    i bought an iPad air from CEX for my daughter. Absolutely immaculate, boxed with all original accessories and works perfectly. May be worth a look as you do get some come back if something isn't right with it.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12254
    Have had several with no issues which is lucky as some sound frequencies make my autistic son throw them across the room!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    Got my son one last christmas. Looks new . came in new packaging. Put it in a protective case etc .you wouldnt know it was refurbished and he loves it. Uses it more than his xbox. should have got him it first and saved a few bob. Nintendo switch is next though....where will it end. I just wanted to get him something cheap like a fender usa strat or tele....
  • I got an ipod and an ipad refurb from Apple, perfect in every way. The ipad I got last year and the ipod is till going strong 10 yrs later.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Don't know about refurbed but I got a mint condition used Gen 3 iPad and it's still going strong. Does everything I need it to do.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7080
    I work for a certain American fruit-named computer manufacturer and  I would say in all my 32 years of using the stuff, I have never had a problem with their refurbs.

A good way to save a few quid.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    I’ve had two from Apple. The first broke after a week so they sent me a replacement with double capacity for the same price. 3 years later and it’s still going strong. 
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    I had a refurbished Ipod classic from Apple, not a finger print on it and continues to work to this day. It must be well over 10 years old now. 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    If you buy a refurb direct from apple, they are basically new devices. All refurbs have completely new cases and batteries, so its usually just the internal components that have been used before (but often are just re-sold returned products.

You also get the full warranty. I've bought loads of refurbs from apple in the past, never had an issue
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6807
    Bought 3 Apple refurbs for our house, they were like new and still going strong after 2+ years of daily use where they are 100% charged every night and completely drained by the following evening.
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    stonevibe said:
    I work for a certain American fruit-named computer manufacturer and  I would say in all my 32 years of using the stuff, I have never had a problem with their refurbs.

A good way to save a few quid.
    Blackberry?