Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Out of Office.

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
As the more observant may have noticed, I've retired from tFB life.

For anyone who cares, it's not about this, or that, or something else.  It just is.

I'll be re-appearing briefly in the New Year because I've got a shed load (almost literally) of guitars to shift, and a load of tools, and  parts, odd bits of timber, et al.

If you need to contact a modmin, I've put a link in my sig.

Lee knows where I'm at, and I have no intention of leaving him inconvenienced, so there'll be a behind-the-scenes transfer of the various adminny things that have to be transferred.

For anyone who doesn't care, sorry that you had to read the above before you got to this bit.

People come, people go, no-one generally gives a shit.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
3reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Some of us definitely do give a shit, Tony :)

Don't be a complete stranger!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Some of us definitely do give a shit, Tony :)

Agreed.

If this does become a long term thing, then thank you for all that you've done in setting up the forum and keeping it running

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Seymour1 said:
    Some of us definitely do give a shit, Tony :)

Agreed.

If this does become a long term thing, then thank you for all that you've done in setting up the forum and keeping it running

Ditto
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6594
    I don't know you personally Tony, only as a somewhat anonymous figure here, but I do appreciate the huge amount of work that has gone into keeping the zoo afloat. Thanks for all that. Have fun in the real world. 
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    I'm not a highly active member, but I can say it's a real pity since your contribution is massive. Big thanks.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1467
    Talk about a flounce! 

Don't be a stranger mate, your contributions to this forum cannot be put down on paper, and you and the rest of the guys have made it what it is today. Thanks for everything and enjoy your retirement, just don't be shy to come back out for one last farewell tour (or multiple ones...it worked for the Doobie Brothers). 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2958
    As a relative newbie, I will pass on a bit of feedback on what I think of this forum and this is coming from someone who's 'knocked about' on message boards for years as I've always had plenty of hobbies and interests.  Football forums, fantasy football forums, horse racing forums, writer's forums, Aramgeddon forums (!) and probably a load of others that I've forgotten about.

This is easily the best

- For starters, there's no flipping adverts popping up everywhere and from what I can tell, this should be the type of site where adverts are most likely. Guitar and guitar gear are surely very 'advertisable'
    - It's not over-modded, it's not under-modded
    - It's very easy to find your way around
    - It's speedy, doesn't appear to stutter
    - Photos and videos are embedded easily without pressing various links
    - It safe and reliable, no dodgy links from what I can tell
    - I've bought a guitar, amp, headphones and strap from listening to the advice on here and I love every one of those.
    - It's attracted people who are warm, knowledgeable and who are thankful that a forum like this exists. Although I've only been here a short while, I've already been invited on a 'jam' and regularly pm someone who's helping me through my wife's terminal illness with magnificent advice and friendship.

I could probably go on, but I think my point is made.

Whoever has created this forum, then they've done something very special in their lives. If that person is the OP then thank you and enjoy your retirement from it. But you should be proud of what you've achieved for sure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    @TTony .. sorry you're leaving and thanks for everything you've done. This place wouldn't be as good as it is without your input.

Maybe come back after a break.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    edited December 2018
    I understand @TTony, but nevertheless I'm still sorry to hear it. 

But I have your mobile number so I can pester you to my heart's content and I will await your guitar-shed-clearance with a fizzy bum of excitement. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• SeshSesh Frets: 1839
    This is a shame.  :/
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RickydRickyd Frets: 149
    We've only met a couple of times in the City but it was a pleasure chatting with you. As many have said, thanks for all the hard work in keeping this place together and making it what it is. Enjoy your break but don't be a stranger.
  • I hope it's for nothing worse than had enough of forum life. Whatever it is all the best. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • All the best sir!
  • Sorry you've retired. You'll be missed.

It's not a competition.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    Happy retirement.

We were going to get you a nice watch but spent all the money on beer.

All the best.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry to see you go. Thanks for everything you've done.
  • Tony, a big thanks for all that you had done for this wonderful forum.

Im sorry to hear this. You’re one of the good uns :)
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    I wish you a happy and well earned retirement from the onerous task that this forum had become.
    You will enjoy the challenge of getting that new home organised without us lot giving you daily grief and maybe be able to put in a full day in your proper job once in a while too. ;-)
    Thank you for everything, it really is appreciated. Don't be a stranger.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • With my admin hat on - one unnecessary comment deleted.

On a personal level, it really sucks that it's come to this. For any new folk here who don't know the score...Tony was one of the four of us who started this forum when MusicRadar went the way of the dodo. Over the years that's been whittled away - mostly due to drama and lack of enthusiasm to deal with it, and now it's just me left. One day, some folk may begin to wish they'd held back that one last comment here and there...

Anyway, to be clear - this isn't a temporary leave of absence, as he and I both took earlier in the year. He feels this is the end of the road, and I respect his judgement enough not to try to talk him out of it.

From a completely practical perspective, I might be a little quiet over the next week or so while we get everything transferred across, and then there will be an "announcement" (I hate that word) about how we're going to deal with the various offline events - eg the jams, The Guitar Show etc. Obviously, I'll be in touch with the people who are directly involved with those things beforehand.

It's a sad day.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921
    Sorry to see you go @TTony. Hopefully you will still make it back to the WaterRats for 2019. I'll miss the member expulsion comments in particular.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom