Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My parcel was signed for, but not by me?

What's Hot
I got an EMail saying my DPD parcel had been delivered and signed for, it wasn't delivered here nor did I sign for it. Anyone had to deal with something like this before?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Have you checked with your neighbours that they haven't taken it in for you? Otherwise get in touch with sender and notify them package has not been delivered.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    edited December 2018
    happens . usually a neighbour has it. may be a card through your door when you get home.assuming your not already at home in which case contact dpd. Depends on your settings etc. Did you select leave with a neighbour,or safe place etc. signature could even be the drivers (happend to me).
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3362
    Neighbours know nothing about it, we only have two neighbours. According to the tracking info it was delivered on Friday. Ill check out in the garden and sheds again just in case its out there somewhere,
  • Had one last week. Parcel was apparently signed for by Albert by receptionist !  Amazon replaced one item within 2 days and refunded me for the other.
  • Sometimes they end up on a nearby street - that's happened a few times. I once had a parcel delivered to the same number on a street half a mile away, though. Took quite a while to track that one down.
    <space for hire>
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3362
    I phoned DPD who told me that the driver signed for it and left it outside my house on Friday, they have GPS confirmation to say it was left where he left it, even accurate to which side of the house it was left on, cant find it though..
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul7926Paul7926 Frets: 227
    robgilmo said:
    I phoned DPD who told me that the driver signed for it and left it outside my house on Friday, they have GPS confirmation to say it was left where he left it, even accurate to which side of the house it was left on, cant find it though..
    What!  So the delivery driver can sign for a parcel?  Doesn't that mean that the whole 'signed for' thing is even more meaningless than I thought it was?  To my mind if he signed for it then he should be replacing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Wow.. Doesn't it make the whole "signed for" delivery useless if the driver can jsut sign for it...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited December 2018
    Where's DPD's proof that the driver didn't simply pull up outside your house, sign for it and drive off with it? I assume the GPS tracking relates to his handheld signatuire thingy, not the parcel?

Chances are if not the driver someone else has knicked as it was left in an unsecure location. Your best bet would be to go back to the sender saying you've not received/signed for it and the item has not been delivered to your address. Not sure about DPD, but when I dealt with lost parcels at Royal Mail this would have been considered our fault/liability.
  • Found a parcel in my shed on Sunday that was for next door. The date was 18th Nov, guaranteed next day delivery!

Also, someone at work got an email yesterday saying his parcel had been delivered to reception but there was nothing there. He has since got a refund from Amazon. Looks like this sort of thing is happening more and more often.

• We found out that our parcel had bin left in the ....wait for it..... drum roll..........Rubbish bin. And who was coming up the road ... can you guess ?  Answers on a postcode to The Cretin Department, Care of DPD drivers :)
    “Ken sent me.”
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    I had this with Amazon once, annoyingly on a laptop which was rather expensive. They refused to believe me and it took weeks before I got my money back. It was around Christmas time and they said it was delivered to an address that wasn't on my street, the delivery guy got a nice laptop for Christmas I reckon. Suffice to say I don't use them for larger purchases any more.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16547

I once got sent photographic evidence of a delivery being left at my house.

I sent back google maps screenshots showing the 1 mile route between my house and the one they had delivered too, as well as a street view of both locations.

They suggested I go and collect it myself.  This was a delivery of a large garden shed!

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5327
    DPD can be quite bad for it, but they're not alone.

At work I often come in to discover that we've had stuff signed by the driver and left in the toilet (it's outside, and totally accessible to the public).  One one occasion it was about £20k worth of server equipment, and had been left there all weekend because the courier turned up at 7 p.m. on a Friday ...

Fortunately very rarely have we had stuff not actually be here or turn up.  When we have, I simply contact the seller and say "It didn't arrive. Courier says it did, but their POD shows "Algernon" and we only have Cuthberts and Jocastas here, so what are you going to do about it?".  They generally send out a new thing and tear the courier a new rear exit.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    DPD did this to me a few weeks back - delivered my parcel to a nearby office building insted of mine. I got the notification on my phone in near enbough real time so phoned DPD and they got the driver to go back and it was redelivered to the my office about an hour later.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    It was probably that bastard Corbyn. Hope you get it back from him!
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2419
    We found out that our parcel had bin left in the ....wait for it..... drum roll..........Rubbish bin. And who was coming up the road ... can you guess ?  Answers on a postcode to The Cretin Department, Care of DPD drivers :)
    Two friends of mine in different parts of Kent had parcels left in their recycle bins. No notes left by the driver(s). And yes, one was collected by the bin men never to be seen again :(

I had one driver forge my signature, badly, showing I had received and signed for a parcel when I was actually in France at the time.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Yodel delivered a desk to the wrong address once... They got the house number, street and town wrong... "but you signed for it"... If I signed for it, why am I calling you asking where my desk is?

Argued with DPD that they delivered something to the wrong address "no it was the right address, signed for by a Mr Patel." at the time I knew enough of my neighbours that there was no Patel anywhere about. "well, that's as maybe but we delivered it to the right place"... How? How could it be right if no one by that name is in the local area? It must be somewhere else "nope"... Arg.

This month Yodel declared my parcel delivered, in an email and two texts... Nope. Amazon refunded the delivery and I had to re order (they even refunded the difference in price and postage)... Its international, so I'm waiting for attempt 2 still. I hold little hope.

Those are just three of the seemingly endless list of courier cock ups... If it were an option I'd have everything delivered to local shops and collect them myself (Though DHL managed to get even that wrong) but not everywhere let's you. 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2959
    I've had a parcel signed for by somebody else in a different street with a similar name (not that similar, but you can see where the mistake was made). The person from that house realised and brought it around sometime in the evening.

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    Hermes was on that show hosted by Mark Allright last week, not rogue traders but the other one. 

They went undercover and found a lot of drivers will sign for your parcel and leave it somewhere, because otherwise they don't get paid for a non delivery.

Its bad practice, but I can see why low paid drivers are going to do it.
    The companies themselves have got to change.  
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom