Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Well I'm a Man U fan and I laughed at the joke!

I've been a fan since 1984 and I can't remember a season that felt more dire than this one. Jose is never going to turn this around, and the players he has bought have been mostly terrible (Lukaku & Sanchez especially). He has also taken a promising young player in Rashford and made him worse. Seriously, what do you have to do to get the sack!?! They just aren't a team. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I saw one of the youtube blog things over the weekend, and some veteran wag commented that Lukaku is the only player he's ever seen that puts weight on whilst he's playing...

I'll support My team into the Third Division if I have to, but this shit is beginning to get even me down. 

Lukaku waddles around the pitch like an overweight toddler with a nappy full of feces with a mindset of the very toddler who cannot decide whether he is hungry, wants to go to bed or needs his nappy changed. 

However watching Lukuku play football I have no doubts that such a toddler would make a more effective no.9 in the Man United team. 

Nonetheless this particular season still Lukaku is a better player than Matic... 
    I'm a better player than Matic...at least I know which way's forward. 

He'd play backwards if he was a goalie....we'd have a goal difference of -835.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    My issues with the manager stem from his complaints that the team are not pressing the opposition enough, in his mind it seems to be an attitude problem.

To my mind the current squad does not have the players required to play this way, Our midfield are nowhere near mobile enough to play a high press. Having two ex wingers in their thirties at full back, who can't cross a ball dosent help either.

Sadly, we also don't have enough players with the first touch and passing ability needed to keep possession against a hard working team who press high.

Not enough thought has gone into building the squad  ( this problem predates Mourinho's reign ), money has been splashed around with seemingly little thought as to how well the players would suit each others playing style.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    kin said:
    My issues with the manager stem from his complaints that the team are not pressing the opposition enough, in his mind it seems to be an attitude problem.

To my mind the current squad does not have the players required to play this way, Our midfield are nowhere near mobile enough to play a high press. Having two ex wingers in their thirties at full back, who can't cross a ball dosent help either.

Sadly, we also don't have enough players with the first touch and passing ability needed to keep possession against a hard working team who press high.

Not enough thought has gone into building the squad  ( this problem predates Mourinho's reign ), money has been splashed around with seemingly little thought as to how well the players would suit each others playing style.

I agree with this in regards to personel...but the manager has bought enough to have made this happen...or it’s Man Utd so look to your youth team as well

matic = static
    fred= always on the bench
    Dalot= on the bench
    perreire = on the bench

when he first arrived in the U.K. I quite liked Mourinho but now he looks like a dinosaur 

id like to see Pochettino have a crack given his style of football and youth...but it would now be a step down for him
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    joeyowen said:

Think he has hit the gym too hard for a no.9....

Do Nando's have a gym?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    Lukaku scored lots when he played with Everton. Mainly because the team played the football that gave the big man the opportunity to use his height and weight. Man U players are not clever enough to do that simple thing. Each wants to be the hero. Hence Man U are floundering and with little hope of anything else. 

Harsh, but true. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Also worth remember our goal difference is -1.... City are +37

There is only crying about that, not laughs
    joeyowen said:

That is a shocking stat! 

Gets an ironic laugh from me. I don't cry about football.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Interesting that while United have floundered for 5 years post Fergie, Arsenal seem to have got the right man straight in and are charging forward. Don't know what conclusion to draw...but perhaps it says something about the states in which Fergie and Wenger left their respective squads? Or United management's inability to recruit? 
    jellyroll said:
    Interesting that while United have floundered for 5 years post Fergie, Arsenal seem to have got the right man straight in and are charging forward. Don't know what conclusion to draw...but perhaps it says something about the states in which Fergie and Wenger left their respective squads? Or United management's inability to recruit? 
    I'd say that there are a few factors - Fergie fell on his sword unexpectedly, it was a big surprise. Man U as a club were quite frankly both stupid and naive, appearing to have zero contingency planning for when he left. They employed a manager who sacked all the successful staff and brought in his own people. I think that they would possibly have been better off bringing someone in alongside Fergie for a transfer of power and kept the backroom staff that they had. Also, Woodward is a poor Chief Exec who seems to undermine managers.

Moyes wasn't really given that much of a chance, they ditched him too soon. Van Gaal was a great character, but the team was erratic, playing well at times them shockingly bad at others. Mourinho has been the worst of the lot. He has spent a lot of money and the team are literally going backwards. OK, he won a couple of trophies, but there is no doubt that the club is in decline under him. 
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Not sure about Mourinho being the worst of the lot. I agree, it is time for a change, but Mourinho *could* still turn things around in a way that Moyes and LVG never looked like doing. Having said that, I don't think he will do it, and expect him to go fairly soon, regardless of how many of his players are underperfoming.
  • joeyowen said:

Then I predict we're going to beat Arsenal 38 nil.

That'll teach the bastids..

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    joeyowen said:

Then I predict we're going to beat Arsenal 38 nil.

That'll teach the bastids..

I suspect you'll get rather good odds on that scoreline.

Given the way he is acting, was it actually Jose himself who started this thread?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    Man Utd have spent more on defence than Vietnam did, and they managed to beat America.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    Man Utd have spent more on defence than Vietnam did, and they managed to beat America.
    It called the Ho Chi Mourinho Model. 
  • quarky said:
    Having said that, I don't think he will do it, and expect him to go fairly soon, regardless of how many of his players are underperfoming.
    I get the impression there's a bit of a contractual war going on at present.  If he resigns the club don't have to pay him, sack him now and it will cost a fortune.  Mourinho is trying to blame the board for lack of support in the summer, but he can't just walk away or his reputation will take a big hit.  Furthermore, the club don't have a plan B, it's as if they are saying, 'we got the special one, so look at him for lack of success not us'.

Something has to give, but the club may simply limp to the end of the season in the vague hope of a top 4 finish or champions league push - I can see neither so assume by that point they can let him go based on a clause in his contract for lack of results.  

I always thought he should get 3 years, will be interesting to see what happens.  There's definitely something to be said for starting a new plan early, but in reality who is available now and what players are available in January that are not champions league tied?

No easy answer to this one, except everybody pulling together at the club to get some results.

Tomorrow night could expedite things, a big win for a rejuvenated Arsenal at Old Trafford could twist the clubs arm to act, a win for United will buy Mourinho some breathing space....

I have to admit that I'd quite like Zidane in, although it could be a disaster. He was a fabulous player that I was a big fan of, so I have a bit of a soft spot for him. Not proved it yet as a manager to be honest but he does already have a unique position in terms of managerial achievement.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    axisus said:
    I have to admit that I'd quite like Zidane in, although it could be a disaster. He was a fabulous player that I was a big fan of, so I have a bit of a soft spot for him. Not proved it yet as a manager to be honest but he does already have a unique position in terms of managerial achievement.

Did he not ride the coat-tails of a fantastic RM team, then leave as they got old/crap, and before he had to do a serious rebuild (which is arguably what United need)? Or is that too unfair? 

I know it would be a bitter pill to swallow, but surely Benitez would jump at the chance at this point.
  • ^

We'd have to insist though that his touchline gesticulations/instructions come with subtitles. 

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Worth remembering this too:

The Adidas clause!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38015518