Where's the cash?

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27424
In response to the comments about funds raised/spent/retained for the various jam sessions, this is where we're at;

Quad Sept '17:
Net loss of £72.03.  Caused by (a) people not actually turning up, (b) t-shirts being ordered by not collected/paid for (by people not turning up) and the cost of the large banner that we put up above the drum kit.  See below re that.

WRats Jun 18:
Net profit of £151.33

Hudds Aug 18:
Net profit of £246.88.  That's the net of the funds received into and paid out of the PP account.  I'm aware that other funds were  raised/spent during the weekend but have no sight of that.

Quad Nov 18:
Net profit of £260.52.

To answer the question about "why the odd pence":  because not everyone uses PPG/PPF&F when paying, so those revenues are after PP fee deductions.

To answer the question about "where's the money gone":  £260.52 has been spent on a large box of leads, which was to have been the start of a jam session kit.  We discussion - in a thread somewhere - about putting together a session kit of leads/stands/pedals, and possibly decent recording gear.  That box was the start point of the kit.

I'll post that to whoever wants to take ownership, together with the large banner.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There's been two events in Huddersfield... 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27424
    There's been two events in Huddersfield... 
    Yes, but only one that was organised via the forum and the central PP account.

The other one was done via PM.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    TTony said:

Yes, that’s very true. 
  • TTony said:

Yes, that’s very true. 
    Indeed, and that one ran a fairly small surplus. Around £50 / £60 I think but it was a long time ago! This would have been more but we had a few late drop outs who hadn't paid. If I recall correctly it was agreed locally to just up Bob's fee for mixing time, as he significantly under charged us. A bad habit of his! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    TTony said:

Yes, that’s very true. 
    Indeed, and that one ran a fairly small surplus. Around £50 / £60 I think but it was a long time ago! This would have been more but we had a few late drop outs who hadn't paid. If I recall correctly it was agreed locally to just up Bob's fee for mixing time, as he significantly under charged us. A bad habit of his! 
    IIRC the surplus was indeed used to pay for Bobs time mixing the tracks
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11741
    Hi All,

That suggests to me overall the Jams are £326.18 to the good.

Once refunds for the two pending jams are processed, would there be an opportunity for a charitable donation here, to a music related charity, I'm sure we could all support that?

There has been a lot of disagreement and debate in the last few days.  I personally would feel better if we could wrap it up with a good-deed and draw a line under it all.

After all, it is Christmas :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:

So it was.. I hadn't twigged the difference..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    TTony said:

Yes, that’s very true. 
    IIRC the surplus was indeed used to pay for Bobs time mixing the tracks
    And only £8 for the day! Bargain!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Just curious but why the large profits - especially Quad 2018 where around 15 people turned up. Is it people paying and then not turning up?

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    TADodger said:
    Just curious but why the large profits - especially Quad 2018 where around 15 people turned up. Is it people paying and then not turning up?

Yep, higher price paid and making sure people paid in advance (rather than on the day) meant that the event finances wasn’t affected by 10 people dropping out in the run up. But tony spent the excess fund still on cables.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    This thread and the other related ones should stand as a warning! Anyone who thinks that they can organise something for people for noble purposes and not have it turn into a shitstorm is on a hiding to nothing!

So sad.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    cheers @mrkb ;
    fftc said:
    This thread and the other related ones should stand as a warning! Anyone who thinks that they can organise something for people for noble purposes and not have it turn into a shitstorm is on a hiding to nothing!

So sad.
    How I have learned this wisdom over the past few months.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7750

Not quite as complicated as organising a Fretboard event, I started and ran the first four Basschat meet-ups.

My approach was to keep it as simple as possible, and there was no schedule other than "It starts at 11am and ends at 5pm".

It worked fairly well and grew to a point where the forum owners wanted to run demos from makers/dealers etc. at which point I bailed out (too much work ;) ).

I recall a UKMG weekend where we attempted to play 77 songs - we started at around 6:30pm and finished at 2:30am - around 10 or 15 songs got dropped towards the end, mostly because we were all knackered.

One heroic guy played drums from start to finish . . .
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom