Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Out of Office.

What's Hot

Comments

• HaychHaych Frets: 5594

Will be sorry to see you go @TTony - I've not been a member of the forum for all that long but it's a place I enjoy coming to and it'll be a poorer place without your presence. 

Much thanks and kudos to you for all you've done for us fretboarders. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    all the best mate.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827

That's a big, big Shame.

Thanks for all you've done,

keep well,

Steve.

• Sorry to see you go, Tony.  Not been around all that long, but was a regular reader of the MR forum, and a member on the IM forum before that.  So I've followed it in all its guises, and watched it morph from one to the next.  This place has been by far the best.

Take care, and enjoy your retirement.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • All the best Tony.  You are definitely very level headed and reasonable and your input will be missed.  
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11788
    best wishes
    thanks for everything
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    @TTony

I too will add my thanks for your fantastic efforts with the forum, including your patience, humour, bass playing skills at Quad 1, and much else besides. 

Enjoy your retirement and the next chapter of your life.

Good luck and all the best. 

Fandango
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    where you going instead then?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

All the very best for the future to you and yours mate. Enjoy the peace and R n' R.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Thanks for all you've put into this community, hope you spend a good chunk of your well--earned retirement looking back on your achievements here with pleasure and pride.
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @TTony ;I sincerely hope that whatever you decide to do next brings you only happiness, it is sure to be a success whatever it may be.

I hope (perhaps in vein) that those who have contributed to this sad outcome will look themselves in the mirror, and that this place permanently bans those who engage in unacceptable behaviour.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    tFB Trader

Sorry to see you go, thanks for all the good work you've done on here I hope your retirement goes well. I'm a great believer in "when the fun stops STOP"

One day I will have the courage to lock my workshop up and never go back in. It was my 72nd birthday a couple of days ago, I've been making guitars on and off for 57 years, the fun has almost stopped.

Enjoy your retirement and all the best for the future.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    I know how it feels to have had enough. I felt the same with my last band. The relief after pulling stumps was immense. Similarly when I was chairman of Trent Windsurfing Club, too much being asked of you and too little being offered. 

Enjoy the break, come back when you feel better about this place (you will) and you'll be made welcome I'm sure. 

All the best.

• GSPBASSES said:

Sorry to see you go, thanks for all the good work you've done on here I hope your retirement goes well. I'm a great believer in "when the fun stops STOP"

One day I will have the courage to lock my workshop up and never go back in. It was my 72nd birthday a couple of days ago, I've been making guitars on and off for 57 years, the fun has almost stopped.

Enjoy your retirement and all the best for the future.
    I've never seen such a sentiment expressed better. 

Belated Happy Birthday. 
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    All the best for the future and thanks for setting up a great forum
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    Totally missed this.  Very sorry to hear you're going, Tony, all the best for the future.
  • I haven't been around as much recently so missed this - all the best, and thanks for all the work and patience.

Hope you've got some happy things to look forward to doing now.
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3851
    Aw crap. All the best Tony and have a great Christmas.
  • jakeollyjakeolly Frets: 113
    I dont know you at all mate, but this place has been great to me and a fantastic resource ,  i suspect hundreds / thousands of others feel the same way
     It seems you played a massive part in that, so for that  i am indebted. I understand your philosophy about moving on and being quickly forgotten. Its how many people feel when they retire, but in this case ,people are actually bothered and appreciate your work. On behalf of myself and them, thanks man, much appreciated . Glwt future 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4941
    Best wishes @TTony and thanks for all the work and effort you put in on this forum.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum