Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Brendan Rodgers' odds came down from 66/1 to 10/1 recently. Not without good reason:

Attacking football? Check.
    Gets the best out of his players? Check.
    Top level Premier League/European experience? Check.
    Available? Check - his buyout clause would be negligible.
    Takes no shit off egotistical players? Check (see Balotelli)

There'd be some United fans who'd hate his, ahem, background but a couple of well-chosen comments at his first press-conference about how great it is to be at a genuinely big club and that'd all be forgotten...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Hmmmnn ... not a fan of Brendan Rogers. I didn't like his white flag to Real Madrid in the CL before a ball was even kicked (Liverpool days). I don't think that winning with Celtic proves much at all, winning a one horse race isn't that impressive.

Having said that I would take Brendan Roger's nan over Mourinho so bring it on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    quarky said:
    axisus said:
    I have to admit that I'd quite like Zidane in, although it could be a disaster. He was a fabulous player that I was a big fan of, so I have a bit of a soft spot for him. Not proved it yet as a manager to be honest but he does already have a unique position in terms of managerial achievement.

Did he not ride the coat-tails of a fantastic RM team, then leave as they got old/crap, and before he had to do a serious rebuild (which is arguably what United need)? Or is that too unfair? 

I know it would be a bitter pill to swallow, but surely Benitez would jump at the chance at this point.

I can not see Benitez ever being willing to manage Man U, and I'd be shocked if many Man U supporters would want him

He is a Liverpool legend.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hattigol said:
    Brendan Rodgers' odds came down from 66/1 to 10/1 recently. 

Oddschecker has him out at 14th favourite around 20/1, can't see it happening myself.  
    Same with Benitez, he's way out in the odds.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I can't see it happening either but I think he is exactly what United need and he ticks a lot of boxes that the other candidates don't.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 972
    On the radio they keep mentioning Pochettino (Tottenham) taking over from Mourinho.
  • menamestom said: 

I get the impression there's a bit of a contractual war going on at present.  If he resigns the club don't have to pay him, sack him now and it will cost a fortune.  Mourinho is trying to blame the board for lack of support in the summer, but he can't just walk away or his reputation will take a big hit.  Furthermore, the club don't have a plan B, it's as if they are saying, 'we got the special one, so look at him for lack of success not us'.

Something has to give, but the club may simply limp to the end of the season in the vague hope of a top 4 finish or champions league push - I can see neither so assume by that point they can let him go based on a clause in his contract for lack of results.  

I have a suspicion the club will keep him until it's not mathematically possible to qualify for next year's CL, and will only sack him then like they did with David Moyes.  In some ways I can see the sense behind that as I can't really see any manager replacing JM at this stage in the season and being able to sort out the lopsided squad and take a top 4 place at the expense of either Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs (assuming City & Liverpool will take the top 2 places)

FWIW, I think JM should take a fair amount of blame for the mess which the team is in, he can't blame anyone for his largely diabolical teamsheets & questional tactical set ups even if he tries to but the club itself is in the state it is due to the Glazers, who treat the club like their own piggy bank with little care of how successful the team is on the pitch and it's this particular sentiment which is running down the team into JM and the players. 

There's little chance Pochettino, Zidane or any other marquee name for manager will want to join the team in the current state it's in, and even 'less established' names will be reluctant to have their career derailed like what happened for David Moyes unless the club regains some ambition off the pitch. 

Hiring a Director of Football to move things back on track would make a lot of sense but I can't see the Glazers going down this particular route as they have a lot of faith in Ed Woodward, he's their man who's made them all their money why should they spend a packet when as they see things are going as well as they should. 

Realistically, I can't see the situation improving even if JM is sacked - the rot runs far too deep. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    duotone said:
    On the radio they keep mentioning Pochettino (Tottenham) taking over from Mourinho.
    I think just an easy suggestion.  He's got a good thing going at Spurs, and utd seem rotten from top to bottom.

Pogba and Lukaku dropped tonight.... it's such a mess
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited December 2018
    Holy shit. United look like they are willing to throw the home game against Arse, to try and get a win against Fulham in the next game. 

Is that how bad things are??
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    duotone said:
    Hands off.

I don't think Utd would want the player churn that Poch would require, he clears out anyone who doesn't do what he asks.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    I am available, just a call will have me winging it over to Old Trafford......
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited December 2018
    If poccetino doesn’t get transfer backing from Levy before the start of the 19/20 season, he’ll be off to united. He’s their best option imo - young, plays attacking football, and seems to have the respect of his players. But I hope as a Liverpool fan they stick with Mourinio  :)
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    underdog said:
    I can not see Benitez ever being willing to manage Man U, and I'd be shocked if many Man U supporters would want him

When Everton were last looking for a manager, I suggested Benitez to my Everton-supporting mate. His reply was less than polite. Can't think why ... I then suggested Rodgers, a fellow Norn Iron man. To my surprise, he rejected this somewhat forcefully as well.
  • Reminded me of a game of 80 a side we used to have in the street when I was a kid...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    pigface said:
    underdog said:

When Everton were last looking for a manager, I suggested Benitez to my Everton-supporting mate. His reply was less than polite. Can't think why ... I then suggested Rodgers, a fellow Norn Iron man. To my surprise, he rejected this somewhat forcefully as well.
    Some football fans are weird af!

so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2261
    I hope he stays. I need a pantomime baddie to boo and hiss.  
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    I think we should try to persuade Pep to move across town! A very off-the-wall suggestion I know, and it won't be popular, but he knows that once he leaves Guardiola City they will go back to being plain old Manchester City who can't fill their ground and don't win stuff (a bit like Mr Benn at the end when he goes back into the shop). Pep could well jump at managing a truly big club again, with a history of winning things and a fan base that fills the ground. It would also quieten them down some, and remind them that doing a Tevez works both ways.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    deano said:
    I think we should try to persuade Pep to move across town! A very off-the-wall suggestion I know, and it won't be popular, but he knows that once he leaves Guardiola City they will go back to being plain old Manchester City who can't fill their ground and don't win stuff (a bit like Mr Benn at the end when he goes back into the shop). Pep could well jump at managing a truly big club again, with a history of winning things and a fan base that fills the ground. It would also quieten them down some, and remind them that doing a Tevez works both ways.
    Never happen, although I'd gladly have him at Man U! If he fancied the Man U job he'd have taken it over City in the first place. He's a great manager, but I think he wanted the very deep pockets of City, who now have £100 million of defenders on the bench FFS

You have to admire the team he has put together and the style of football - I hope they never win the Champions League though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    axisus said:
    deano said:
    Never happen, although I'd gladly have him at Man U! If he fancied the Man U job he'd have taken it over City in the first place. He's a great manager, but I think he wanted the very deep pockets of City, who now have £100 million of defenders on the bench FFS

You have to admire the team he has put together and the style of football - I hope they never win the Champions League though!
    There is a good chance that they won't win it next year:

crunchman said:
    axisus said:
    deano said:

There is a good chance that they won't win it next year:

Chances of that ban happening - absolute zero.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom