Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Dealers commenting favourably on products they stock

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• GuyRGuyR Frets: 1335
    After an admittedly not comprehensive search, the only comment I could find from a dealer about their own stock was this from @Guitars4you in the thread about vintage prices on reverb. He says;

"I have a used antiqua Strat in stock at the moment - clean enough and all original - but a total dog to play, compared with many other Strats on the market today, from various factories"

based on the 2 Antigua strats i have tried, I think he is being overly favourable
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14174
    tFB Trader
    GuyR said:
    After an admittedly not comprehensive search, the only comment I could find from a dealer about their own stock was this from @Guitars4you in the thread about vintage prices on reverb. He says;

"I have a used antiqua Strat in stock at the moment - clean enough and all original - but a total dog to play, compared with many other Strats on the market today, from various factories"

based on the 2 Antigua strats i have tried, I think he is being overly favourable
    I know it became a ' shop promo' but within the rest of the content on the OP, the comment was made to high light the poor quality of many mid to late 70's Strats, compared to the vintage market - I was certainly not trying to jazz up and sell 'this highly desirable Strat that plays like butter' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1335
    GuyR said:

I know it became a ' shop promo' but within the rest of the content on the OP, the comment was made to high light the poor quality of many mid to late 70's Strats, compared to the vintage market - I was certainly not trying to jazz up and sell 'this highly desirable Strat that plays like butter' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You certainly weren't and your candour does you great credit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom