Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

DPD Usless Courier Service

What's Hot
DPD what a bunch of clowns. So I arranged to send a parcel with them using the mobile app. They don’t give you a label to print off just a 2d bar code on your phone for the drop off points to scan. Well after trying 2 drop off points who both refused to accept it without a label and a 20 mile wasted round trip, I phoned them to ask if they could email me a label. No you don’t need a label was the answer. We can’t email you a label and you don’t need one. The shops should accept the parcel do you want to try another drop off point??? No thanks I’ll have my money back. Daft thing is the same happened to me about 3 months ago and they told me it was a new system and the drop off points hadn’t all been set up. Well silly me thought that by now they would have. Never using them again.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've always found them prompt and problem-free.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    DPD managed to ship an Apple Mac from China to me here in Singapore in under 9 hours.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Never had a problem with DPD, shipped a guitar to the Netherlands 2 weeks ago with them. It was collected on the Friday and arrived with the buyer on the Monday. Excellent all round. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've not got an issue with their actual delivery service, real time updates on where they're at on the status, but the driver who we usually get is a miserable fucker and barely says hello when I open the door, yanks the electronic signature device thing off me when I've barely started signing it.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3113
    edited December 2018 tFB Trader
    DPD are great. The app works brilliantly and I always know what's going on.

RE labels - I think I understand the problem here...whilst the app doesn't give you a shipping label (addresses and barcode) for drop-off services, you still need to attach your own address label (delivery and return address) for the drop-off location to accept it. The driver will then attach the shipping label (addresses and barcode) to the package when he/she collects it.

Seems silly, but these drop-off locations get many, many packages a day and an unlabeled box will quickly go missing.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    edited December 2018
    RiftAmps said:
    DPD are great. The app works brilliantly and I always know what's going on.

RE labels - I think I understand the problem here...whilst the app doesn't give you a shipping label (addresses and barcode) for drop-off services, you still need to attach your own address label (delivery and return address) for the drop-off location to accept it. The driver will then attach the shipping label (addresses and barcode) to the package when he/she collects it.

Seems silly, but these drop-off locations get many, many packages a day and an unlabeled box will quickly go missing.
    The package had an address label attached by myself. This is 3 times for me now using the drop off shops so never again. Each time I was told by the shop I need to print the DPD label off but obviously there is no label to print off as a bar code is provided. To be fair, its probably the fault of the drop off shops but you would think that questions would be asked if enough people were turning up with just a bar code?????
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16004
    had nothing but problems from them ..........UPS every time
    One thing I have found is that if you go through a parcel broker like Parcel Hero it often causes problems with the courier 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Quite a few shops I know use DPD and they seem to work most of the time.

I've not found them trouble free though - they seem to have a penchant for losing things and/or smashing them up.

They are still not forgiven for smashing up two amps that were being sent to me, one of which was an unobtainium limited edition. Wankers!!
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • My local DPD driver is great, reliable and friendly.  When it's his holidays the service is ...  not.

Yodel here are not great, and UPS are spotty at best.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • My three most recent experiences with DPD -

1 - Was waiting in for a parcel to be delivered. I saw the van coming down the road so went outside. Driver hit my wing mirror, grumbled a bit and drove off without apologising. I checked the tracking a few minutes later and he’d updated it to “nobody in to receive parcel”.

2 - Waited in most of the day for a parcel but had to go out about 4pm. Item was out for delivery so called them and requested they drop off at my local parcel shop instead. Was told it’d take them two days to do this, even though they had to go right past the parcel shop to attempt delivery at my house.

3 - Was expecting a delivery from them but wasn’t going to be in so I paid extra for a Saturday delivery. They didn’t even bother loading it on to the van Saturday and I didn’t get it until the Tuesday.

DPD are a load of shite.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    DPD driver tried to deliver the parcel to the road next to mine, said that nobody was in and took a picture of the door to show this,  I'd been waiting in for the parcel so instantly notified DPD of their mistake to which I was told that they wouldn't be able to come back and drop it off even though they must have been less than five minutes drive away unless he had a DeLorean.

I always found their customer service to be polite but not very helpful in terms of getting things sorted, didn't even bother to try and contact the courier.
  • DPD are great.  I had a problem with them and they got the driver to deliver me a DPD biscuit with my name on it as way of an apology.  Our regular driver, big Gary, is very reliable.  
  • Sham61Sham61 Frets: 26
    Always good and reliable where I live. The app has always been accurate and Saeed always has a smile. It helps working shifts, I always try and arrange delivery for when I am off. It's Hermes I always have problems with.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    DPD are great.  I had a problem with them and they got the driver to deliver me a DPD biscuit with my name on it as way of an apology.  Our regular driver, big Gary, is very reliable.  
    That might seem a nice gesture, but have you never heard of 'milky biscuit'?
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Use DPD a lot. Never had a problem. And I've always had to print a label. Andertons use them.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Octafish said:
    DPD are great.  I had a problem with them and they got the driver to deliver me a DPD biscuit with my name on it as way of an apology.  Our regular driver, big Gary, is very reliable.  
    Please don't.....I had white icing.  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Octafish said:

:o
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3353
    Octafish said:

No, You didn't.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    How about DUP - are they any better at couriering?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    How about DUP - are they any better at couriering?
    Well they're allegedly delivering Brexit..
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!