Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What chance finding someone with just a name?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 2958
    @axisus ;

Don't lose hope in finding this guy, chances are that he's fit and well, off the drugs, and living the life of riley somewhere. 

Happy to do some searching for you if you can give me his name and last known location. 

One thing that can catch people out is the spelling of names i.e Graham/Graeme and sometimes people use their middle names instead of their first names. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe said:
    After several attempts at different times I have tracked down people who were integral in my growing up and shared many great and significant memories with. However is a massive shock when you find them only to hear that they don't want to meet, don't remember any of these life changing moments and don't really like talking about the past anyway!

Fuck you all then.
    Yeah that happened to me last week. A girl I used to fantasise over while wanking furiously. Honesty is sometimes not the best policy apparently.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    There's a gap in the market for a website that reunites old friends.... 
    What a great idea - can't believe that no-one has thought of that before!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonP said:
    What a great idea - can't believe that no-one has thought of that before!
    I'm on it.....I've even got a catchy name for the site that tells you exactly what it's for....but I'm keeping that under wraps for now.

This time next year I'll be a millionaire!
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    edited December 2018
    Jim Rockford and Magnum PI were good at this sort of stuff.

If you call Jim, leave your name and number after the tone and he'll get back to you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    seriously though, whatever happened to it?

• I was talking about someone I used to know and he did have a distinctive name so I googled him a couple of weeks ago and found him straight away. Not with contact details but his involvement in a court case a few years ago. Definitely a downside there to having a distinctive name! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12313
    If it’s any consolation, I hooked up with an old schoolmate very recently. We hadn’t seen each other for 40 plus years. Turns out he’s an obnoxious wanker and that brought home exactly why I hadn’t bothered keeping in touch. Some things are best left in the past. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2418
    sev112 said:
    It started as a great idea but gradually turned into an agency for putting school sweethearts in touch again which caused more than a few broken marriages. The owners pulled the plug a few years ago as it struggled to compete with other social media.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    edited December 2018
    I found my birth mother after 35 years with just a name and an area, it can be done.

Registrar of births marriages and deaths is a good starting point, his name and age should never change.

Some things though should be left in the past.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3352
    http://www.lostamigos.com/
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    57Deluxe said:
    After several attempts at different times I have tracked down people who were integral in my growing up and shared many great and significant memories with. However is a massive shock when you find them only to hear that they don't want to meet, don't remember any of these life changing moments and don't really like talking about the past anyway!

Fuck you all then.
    Yeah that happened to me last week. A girl I used to fantasise over while wanking furiously. Honesty is sometimes not the best policy apparently.
    Women, eh..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Re the Fiends Disunited site - plug was pulled after they'd flodged it to ITV of all people, for loads of money.
    I've managed to track down four friends, and an ex girlfriend who broke me heart.. but I had an idea what their jobs were. Cue long phone calls or silly emails but then that's it - box ticked. None of them called me back later,  waahhh.
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Whenever I have reason to think about the people that played a part in my life, but for whatever reasons are no longer part of my life, be they friends, ex girlfriends or family, I always remind myself that they have never made the effort to look me up and call or email.

The past is done and people growing apart is perfectly normal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    There's usually a good reason for not being in touch with people from our past. Can't say I regret callously dropping any of my old friends after I betrayed them, stole from them and generally mistreated them.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11788
    Jimbro66 said:
    sev112 said:
    It started as a great idea but gradually turned into an agency for putting school sweethearts in touch again which caused more than a few broken marriages. The owners pulled the plug a few years ago as it struggled to compete with other social media.
    yes, my year at school did a reunion via FR, he got off with the girl he always fancied there, who I assume was not all that happily married. 
    They now have 2 kids and are married, so I guess that was a happy ending
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12313
    edited December 2018
    My FR story:

A mate at college was seeing two girls. One at home 50 miles away who was his fiancée. The other one at college, who knew nothing about the fiancée, and vice versa. He managed somehow to keep the two apart for three years. All went well until the time for him to leave college, when he had to make a decision. He stuck with the fiancée. College girl was devastated. Mate married fiancée, college girl meets a guy and also marries. 

Roll on 25 years. Mate has divorced fiancée, finds college girl on FR, who is still married but says she wants to meet up. They still fancy each other but college girl is sensible and says they should have no contact for a few months and if they still feel the same then she’ll leave her husband. 

They do meet up and eventually go on to marry. I end up sitting next to a random woman at their wedding. She asks which one I know, the bride or the groom? I reply, both, I was at college with them. She says did I know that the groom had a fiancée at home? I say I’d heard about her but never met the woman. She then tells me she’s the groom’s ex wife. Oops. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom