Thought for the day

What's Hot
Why are relics supplied in a hard case or gig bag?
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• carloscarlos Frets: 3426
    That genuinely made me laugh. I also saw an ad the other day, not sure it was here, where it said something like "these two dings near the bridge were not part of the factory relic job, hence the discount".
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    Surely it is beholden on those folk with a relic'd guitar to draw white Tippex circles around any damage they create, so us innocent buyers can know what is real damage and what is... err...

Of course only Genuine Fender Tippex should be used on Fender relics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    You’re not going to just walk down the street holding it by the neck though are you?

(sorry for the sensible answer)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    edited December 2018
    dbphoto said:
    You’re not going to just walk down the street holding it by the neck though are you?

(sorry for the sensible answer)
    No,  you should carry it upside down on your back like a pistolero. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There was a fancy looking masterbuilt Fender Custom Shop relic strat in Maccarri’s window in Charing Cross road. Lots of missing finish, wear patches, dents etc.  It was described as being in “as new condition “.   
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's to avoid damaging the relicing, as you wouldn't want to scratch it would you? I mean you've paid for exactly that amount of relic, and to scrape a bit more off might reduce the value of your investment ...
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516

Oh my aching sides.

• I was a big enough twat once to buy a relic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If not protected, the relicing will heal, leaving you with with an unacceptably pristine guitar.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9552
    For the same reason that the needles used for lethal injections are sterilised?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    HAL9000 said:
    For the same reason that the needles used for lethal injections are sterilised?
    Weirdly I was just reading about lethal injections this very morning and as soon as I read that the first thing they do is wipe the prisoner's arm with alcohol and I thought the same as you but there are actually a couple of reasons for it: there's been a case where the prisoner was given a stay of execution after the needle had been inserted but before any drugs had been injected so they wouldn't be allowed to risk infecting him as he was going to be alive after that day. The other reason is in case somehow the needle ends up jagging one of the members of staff.

Funny someone would post that very thought on here after I just read that this morning. Weird when things like that happen.
  • To stop the neck getting snapped off in transit.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    deano said:

Of course only Genuine Fender Tippex should be used on Fender relics.
    Does that come with the CS toolkit or can it be bought separate for £29.95? :)