The Guitarist's Guide To London

What's Hot
Hey all,

I wanted to share Reverb's Guitarist's Guide to London, a short film showing what Andy Martin and Dan Steinhardt (from That Pedal Show) got up to on their recent trip to London. There's a load of really cool landmarks and shops involved.

Full disclosure, I worked on this video and I hope you don't mind me sharing it. Feel free to give feedback!

https://reverb.com/news/video-a-guitarists-guide-to-london-with-andy-martin-and-dan-steinhardt
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    I watched that this morning, loved it! A trip to London is rare for me so nearly all of it was new to me. The style and presentation of the video was brilliant.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4722
    edited December 2018
    Teach the Aussie and the American how to pronounce Berwick Street (Dan) and The Hawley (Andy)! Otherwise, a pleasant (albeit superficial and selective) pitch which should enourage more guitarists to come over and visit. Which can only be a good thing. 

Anyone notice how similar the box used for the Macaris prototype was to a Shin Ei?

I'm only nitpicking. Good job, fella! 

PS: In the early '80s I used to rehearse at Atlanta Studios, just across the road from The Hawley - under the railway arches. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    Amazing. All those pavements and not one doggy log.
    Be seeing you.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    Amazing. All those pavements and not one doggy log.
    They're a good source of protein for the rats...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• great video thanks for shareing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • great vid thanks for shareing
  • great video thanks for shareing.
  • great vid thanks for shareing
  • looks like I have developed a stammer chaps!!!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • no on second thoughts its perhaps to much delay
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBigDipper said: min
    Teach the Aussie and the American how to pronounce Berwick Street (Dan) and The Hawley (Andy)! Otherwise, a pleasant (albeit superficial and selective) pitch which should enourage more guitarists to come over and visit. Which can only be a good thing. 

Anyone notice how similar the box used for the Macaris prototype was to a Shin Ei?

I'm only nitpicking. Good job, fella! 

PS: In the early '80s I used to rehearse at Atlanta Studios, just across the road from The Hawley - under the railway arches. 
    Probably the same place we rehearsed. It was called Scar Studios until it closed down a couple of years ago.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • Amazing. All those pavements and not one doggy log.
    It’s not Paris 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    As a London boy, I enjoyed the video very much. Looks like it would have been fun making it!

I saw Smashing Pumpkins play their first UK gig at The Underworld, saw Noel Gallagher in Andy's in Denmark Street once (he has a very large head), and I've spent more time on Berwick Street over the decades, going through secondhand records & CDs, than I care to remember (my lunchtime tip: the Sammy Smiths pubs The Duke Of Argyll and The Glasshouse Stores, on nearby Brewer Street). And there were a few guitar shops mentioned I hadn't come across too so that was nice.

I was a bit surprised that the Yamaha store on Wardour Street wasn't mentioned - sure, it's a specific brand rather than an independent store but I'd want to know about it if I was already in the area.

Unfortunately I think "loads of record shops in Berwick Street" is over-stating things slightly - it's not what it was 20 years ago and there's only one more I can think of that wasn't mentioned (Phonica). I always go into Reckless and Sister Ray when I'm in the area but if I'm honest, Fopp (on Cambridge Circus) is a better bet these days.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    I learnt a bit of the history of Denmark street which I didn’t know about, was an interesting watch - thanks!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    Really interesting watch...Can you  get Andy & Dan to join up here?  :)