Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• deano said:
    I think we should try to persuade Pep to move across town! A very off-the-wall suggestion I know, and it won't be popular, but he knows that once he leaves Guardiola City they will go back to being plain old Manchester City who can't fill their ground and don't win stuff (a bit like Mr Benn at the end when he goes back into the shop). Pep could well jump at managing a truly big club again, with a history of winning things and a fan base that fills the ground. It would also quieten them down some, and remind them that doing a Tevez works both ways.
    Spoken like a true, delusion man u fan! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited December 2018
    deano said:
    I think we should try to persuade Pep to move across town! A very off-the-wall suggestion I know, and it won't be popular, but he knows that once he leaves Guardiola City they will go back to being plain old Manchester City who can't fill their ground and don't win stuff (a bit like Mr Benn at the end when he goes back into the shop). Pep could well jump at managing a truly big club again, with a history of winning things and a fan base that fills the ground. It would also quieten them down some, and remind them that doing a Tevez works both ways.
    At this stage United is nothing more than a used up whore...past her sell by date and riddled with herpes. Nobody can save them, not even pep.
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    @schrodinger1612 im sure that was an effort at banter, had a couple of beers maybe?
    Rule number one of the forum seems appropriate, you might want to have a read of it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2018
    kin said:
    @schrodinger1612 im sure that was an effort at banter, had a couple of beers maybe?
    Rule number one of the forum seems appropriate, you might want to have a read of it.
    No banter, just a cold, hard, sober fact - the club has no identity, and is on its way down. Big transfer budgets will only serve to slow the decline.  :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kin said:
    No banter, just a cold, hard, sober fact - the club has no identity, and is on its way down. Big transfer budgets will only serve to slow the decline.  :)
    Heard it all before...70's, then 80's...then we came back, with some modicum of success. 

It's a cycle...I merely hope I live long enough for the next upturn
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    I suppose it was expecting too much for a football thread to stay above the level of a playground "ner ner" session for long.
    This one's done remarkably well! I was reading with interest, but I'll stay away now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    martinw said:
    I suppose it was expecting too much for a football thread to stay above the level of a playground "ner ner" session for long.
    This one's done remarkably well! I was reading with interest, but I'll stay away now.
    Indeed. Why do football fans resort to childish garbage? 
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61
    The problem with uniteds lack of identity is all the managers they've appointed have seemed a bit of a strange choice for me. They need a forward thinking manager thats going to play a more modern high press style of creative attacking football (Pep, Pochettino, Klopp), and someone capable of working with what theyve got AND who can build their own team for the future.

Mourinho was the most obvious choice to take over (previous experience, a bit name etc) but his style of football and his reputation for falling apart should never have been a long term solution. When he was appointed I was moderately happy as I thought he'd steady the ship (which he did with some decent successes in the league last year and with europa league etc) but he was always going to implode. His man management is abysmal (something fergie was incredible at) and he's making players not want to join with how he treats current players.

His transfers have been dreadful (either not performed or he's not playing them) and I dont think its the players fault necessarily. All of them still look class for country, but throttled by an uncreative system at united. We dont have a strong enough defence to play the park the bus tactic mourinho loves
    ash96 said:
    We dont have a strong enough defence to play the park the bus tactic mourinho loves
    The new Mourinho tactic - park the mini
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    axisus said:
      Why do football fans resort to childish garbage? 
    Because you smell.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2018
    Lol. Sorry for being a twat folks. The hatred is deeply ingrained. I’ll get over it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

• Interesting discussion on Talk Sport about Pogba today.  He can somehow be man-of-the match but the team generally plays worse when he plays.  Bringing Hererra back has speeded things up.  Pogba takes time before releasing the ball but in the prem (as opposed to Italy) you just don’t have that time, so play stalls and possession is lost.  In Italy opposition players retreat back when you have the ball giving you time to think. Pogba doesn’t have it and can’t deal with it here.

I think United need to let Pogba go, then Sanchez and also Lukaku and buy players that can move the ball quicker.  Slight improvement for the last 2 games, but I think the nest iteration of the team will get well beaten against Liverpool, but still at this point it is best to stick to plan b and leave some of the ‘big players’ out as they have failed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ash96ash96 Frets: 61

I think United need to let Pogba go, then Sanchez and also Lukaku and buy players that can move the ball quicker.  Slight improvement for the last 2 games, but I think the nest iteration of the team will get well beaten against Liverpool, but still at this point it is best to stick to plan b and leave some of the ‘big players’ out as they have failed.
    I kind of agree, but kind of dont. I think pogba could be great in the prem, but I just dont think he should be playing as deep / defensive as he is. I think him and sanchez could be awesome if given a bit more freedom. But you are right, he does often take too long on the ball and both of them lose the ball too much. But I think its partly out of the lack of options from a rigid system. Lots of sideways / backwards balls

• duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    (Arsenal fan here) What’s going on with Alexis Sanchez? He rarely seems to play.
    duotone said:
    (Arsenal fan here) What’s going on with Alexis Sanchez? He rarely seems to play.
    It's the Mourinho speciality, making players worse. I'm not even joking. His negativity and dour approach plus public criticism of players saps confidence. 
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    We need to move Pogba on in January. He is a disruptive influence and can't play in the Premier League. He just can't play in the fast-paced English style. I am willing to give Sanchez another chance because he has proved himself in the Premier League.

My theory is that the defence is responsible for much of our poor attacking! I think Mourinho is worried about the defence not being of sufficient quality, so he tells the midfield to drop back ready to cover them, and also impresses on the forwards that they need to be ready to tackle back. Not losing the ball is another component of this. So we end up with dour, unattractive football. If we can strengthen the defence so Mourinho has more confidence in them, he can tell the midfield and forwards to take a few more risks. As it stands, he can't do that. For that I do not blame Mourinho, I lay the blame squarely on Woodward and the Glazers. Mourinho told them to buy some defenders and they failed to do so. He is reacting to that by ensuring the rest of the team help out defensively.

On the subject of telling players off in public, I guess he only does that when the private conversations do n't have the effect. It worked with Luke Shaw. He reacted positively and is playing well now. I wonder if it is a tactic so that all players know he is the boss, and they will be - ultimately - publicly hauled over the coals if they don't pull their fingers out. Maybe he will need to do it less and less as players get the message.

Let's get rid of Pogba, who is not a good character to have around, especially when he seems to have left his talent in Russia in the summer. He can't be allowed to spread his brand of disaffection to other players. Then let's buy one or two top, world-class defenders (Varane and or Sergio Ramos would be my choice). Then let's see what we can do.
  • axisus said:
    duotone said:
    It's the Mourinho speciality, making players worse. I'm not even joking. His negativity and dour approach plus public criticism of players saps confidence. 
    He's also injured, out until the new year.  I agree Mourinho's negativity can affect players but in the case of Sanchez I'm not sure any manager could have been positive enough to lift his performances to a decent level.  This can't be all the manager....
  • JM tactical masterclass today to orchestrate a 3-1 loss. 

He truly is the special one. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I think he should be given time to turn it around, some money to spend in Jan and summer.

This is the most fun us Liverpool fans have had since 2005 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd like to apply for Pogba's job. 

Quarter of a million to sit on a bench in a warm coat. 

I could do that all day. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom