Are Used Gear Prices Going Up? - Another Reverb article

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I don't get why people would spend £1k on a phone, or £5k on a watch though, but some do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2368
    I think Mark they are trading on the Fullerton build, a connection to the Golden Era. I had an '82 '57 Strat, bought it in the US. It was no better than any of the MIJ's of the time, had an '84 52 Tele too that was very average. I see them at no more than £1500. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14185
    tFB Trader
    Strat54 said:
    I think Mark they are trading on the Fullerton build, a connection to the Golden Era. I had an '82 '57 Strat, bought it in the US. It was no better than any of the MIJ's of the time, had an '84 52 Tele too that was very average. I see them at no more than £1500. 
    agree at something around £1500 - they are not exactly rare either
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    crunchman said:
    Strat54 said:
    Typical '82 Fullerton era AVRI.....

https://www.atbguitars.com/store/product/1982-fender-stratocaster-avri-ohsc-1982stratavri/

John Page told me that these were a case of making the best of what they had back then.....which was very little. Funds, materials and info were in short supply at Fender back then.

At that money, I'd get a Custom Shop guitar, which would probably be a much better guitar.  Or alternatively, I'd get an American Original or Mexican Classic Series, and spend the difference on taking my family on holiday.
    For that money you could get a custom shop guitar and a boutique tube amp! 
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    crunchman said:
    I don't get why people would spend £1k on a phone, or £5k on a watch though, but some do.
    The power of iconography. I’d love a Rolex Submariner, or Omega Speedmaster. Just because of the history of their designs. 
  • jeztone2 said:
    crunchman said:
    The power of iconography. I’d love a Rolex Submariner, or Omega Speedmaster. Just because of the history of their designs. 
    It's also nice to have nice objects that function well, provided it's not a burden on your overall finances. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3616
    jeztone2 said:
    crunchman said:
    It's also nice to have nice objects that function well, provided it's not a burden on your overall finances. 
    Yep. High quality personal posessions are always a pleasure.............because you're worth it. 
  • I made fairly big losses on the last 2 guitars I sold and neither found a buyer on TFB after months of listing here (one went on Reverb another on a different forum). So my feeling based on that anecdote is that the market is slower than in 2016 when I sold a few guitars on here quickly and at better prices.