SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*SOLD* JXG Double Cut Junior Style Guitar *£750* Price Drop

What's Hot

Comments

• horsehead said:
    Gutting when you realise....You found an amp yet? 
    no....still looking..!
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Or pedals...
  • Nope ... I got nothing 
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • xmas jumper day bump...
  • sunday bump..
  • gaaaaaaah! Why can't someone buy my guitar so I can buy this?
  • Any trades?
  • Any trades?
    what you got..?

• bump...
  • xmas eve eve bump...ask for money for xmas and buy this.. :)
  • boxing day bump...
  • Have a Bump for a nice looking junior
    I mean nothing by this other than interest why would or cannot play Ska on a junior? I know little of the genre other than the obvious stuff you bump into through life . Thanks good luck with the sale
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 965
    edited December 2018
    Have a Bump for a nice looking junior
    I mean nothing by this other than interest why would or cannot play Ska on a junior? I know little of the genre other than the obvious stuff you bump into through life . Thanks good luck with the sale
    No offence taken at all... contrary to what anyone thinks about ska and reggae the rhythm guitar is not based on a bright sounding guitar ...in fact most ska and reggae players use humbucker equipped guitars and often these will be semi hollow. Although if I played in a band that played mostly ska from the 2 tone era onwards I would use a tele. I do have a tele that I use but always on the neck pick up. 
    Ive tried using the junior and turned the tone control to around 4/5 and adjusted the bass on my amp  but it still sounds too bright.
    maybe someone can advise me on other solutions because this guitar is a joy to play.?
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    edited December 2018
    Stating the obvious maybe but roll the tone off a bit more? I have to take mine well past halfway to lose brightness.

I’m pretty sure there’s some mods you can do to the tone pot as well to eliminate the highs but retain more mids to get closer to neck pickup type of sound. Our resident junior expert @miserneil might have some ideas.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Iamnobody said:
    Stating the obvious maybe but roll the tone off a bit more? I have to take mine well past halfway to lose brightness.

I’m pretty sure there’s some mods you can do to the tone pot as well to eliminate the highs but retain more mids to get closer to neck pickup type of sound. Our resident junior expert @miserneil might have some ideas.
    I’ll try it but didn’t want the tone to get muddy...still need clarity of notes in this genre 
    cheers for your input :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Try an eq pedal or possibly a parametric eq - might get you nearer than tone control and amp tone stack ..
  • Thanks I did some googling on various ska bands and was surprised the number of 335 and semi variants used interesting you learn something everyday.
  • Thanks I did some googling on various ska bands and was surprised the number of 335 and semi variants used interesting you learn something everyday.
    Have a look at Ernest Ranglin ...known mostly for his playing on old ska records but what a player... could play Jazz with the best of them..!
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2873
    skaguitar said:
    Thanks I did some googling on various ska bands and was surprised the number of 335 and semi variants used interesting you learn something everyday.
    Have a look at Ernest Ranglin ...known mostly for his playing on old ska records but what a player... could play Jazz with the best of them..!
    Big up to you and Ernest. Even my Mrs loves Ernest. :)
  • blueskunk said:
    skaguitar said:
    Thanks I did some googling on various ska bands and was surprised the number of 335 and semi variants used interesting you learn something everyday.
    Big up to you and Ernest. Even my Mrs loves Ernest. :)
    He is one of the best players and I wish I could play 10 % of what he can do ...your Mrs has taste.:)