Clockwork Wolf & Co - In The Sunshine (Formerly Rob Chapman Band)

What's Hot

Comments

• you got anymore recommendations Randall?  This EP is sweet!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4694
    timmysoft said:
    wow, that was horrible.
    To be fair its not that bad, could do with a better singer
    Like Paul Rodgers in fact, given that it sounds so Free like....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Don’t usually like to criticise music, each to their own and all that - but this is flippin’ shite !
    He should forget singing altogether and concentrate on being a guitarist. 
    Bassist with his gob open most of the time and exaggerated neck movements is appalling to watch.

Next !  :'(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    No soul :-/
    #thebatesmotelband
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

I try not to slag him off, he's doing a job I'd love to etc.

But - consistently everytime I see/hear his music - it strikes me that the first point of song writing has to be, surely, that you have something to say.

There are just so many clichés in this I'm not sure it's not a joke 'no rest for the wicked, sleep when I'm dead' well the last bit is a quote from Bon Jovi for sure, and I'm sure he didn't make it up!

It all feels like someone trying, really, really hard - but actually without that missing spark. Oasis was hardly original, but good grief the songs are memorable and great to sing along to, there's none of that here.

And that extends to the imagery, it's well shot etc - but it's bad enough when Bon Jovi (them again!) etc are wandering around the desert, what's a boy from Swindon doing there?

Sorry, but I just don't get it

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    @peteri ; good post, you've summed it up very well.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Dreadful. The YouTube persona might bring him sales and fans but it also points up sharply that he's playing with genres and over used imagery.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I can't bring myself to watch it - bluesy stuff bores me to tears, quite honestly - but it's interesting to note that despite all of the deficiencies pointed out in this thread...it's still top of the Amazon blues charts ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I can't bring myself to watch it - bluesy stuff bores me to tears, quite honestly - but it's interesting to note that despite all of the deficiencies pointed out in this thread...it's still top of the Amazon blues charts ;)
    I didn't even know such a 'chart' existed to be honest.

Rob is very talented but this feels INCREDIBLY forced. It has said before, but there is no soul. Music is about art and expression and enjoying yourself; this is the opposite (to me).

Give me Kurt Cobain throwing around a battered Fender with a heap less perfection any day.
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    I want to know more about Bog Shed!
  • My my the bitterness and jealousy in this thread. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My my the bitterness and jealousy in this thread. 
    Is it? I thought most people had valid points. 
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • fftc said:
    I want to know more about Bog Shed!
    I have an entire black disc full of the stuff, which I have only been able to listen to once. :) It's...... interesting.

I see Rob Chapman as one of the Eastenders of the music world - quite popular and I can't see why. Full of bad/indifferent acting. Adam Woodyatt to Adam Ant's Marlon Brando. Sort of thing.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    on the grounds of only saying positive things, I'll just leave this here.

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    These are pretty old Chapman songs I think. He obviously has a fan base. Seeing him at shows in the past he is like the pied piper with loads of teenage kids following him round. 
    I can't knock him really...worked hard anf made a name for himself and he's using that success to do what he enjoys. Oi Brent
    I can't bring myself to watch it - bluesy stuff bores me to tears, quite honestly - but it's interesting to note that despite all of the deficiencies pointed out in this thread...it's still top of the Amazon blues charts ;)

I keep reading about Rob Chapman's bands being top of various charts on Amazon - I've never seen them - and I genuinely don't understand it.  How are these charts compiled?

I don't say this out of mean-spiritedness (or - yawn - "jealousy"), but surely he's not popular enough to be number 1 in any kind of chart?  I've never heard or seen any reference  to him or his music outside of the world of guitar forums and YouTube. 

• Philly_Q said:
    I can't bring myself to watch it - bluesy stuff bores me to tears, quite honestly - but it's interesting to note that despite all of the deficiencies pointed out in this thread...it's still top of the Amazon blues charts ;)

I keep reading about Rob Chapman's bands being top of various charts on Amazon - I've never seen them - and I genuinely don't understand it.  How are these charts compiled?

I don't say this out of mean-spiritedness (or - yawn - "jealousy"), but surely he's not popular enough to be number 1 in any kind of chart?  I've never heard or seen any reference  to him or his music outside of the world of guitar forums and YouTube. 

Just search for them, it's pretty trivial. There's no complicated algorithm - they do it for all of their product categories, it's simply the best-selling stuff in of a given type.
    <space for hire>
    Philly_Q said:

Just search for them, it's pretty trivial. There's no complicated algorithm - they do it for all of their product categories, it's simply the best-selling stuff in of a given type.
    It remains a mystery then.  Who are all these Rob Chapman fans?
  • There are plenty of them, fans I mean, at least of the previous incarnation, if the YT comments are anything to go by.
  • Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:

It remains a mystery then.  Who are all these Rob Chapman fans?
    How on earth is it still a mystery???? The fact that you can't be bothered to put "amazon blues chart" in Google doesn't make it a mystery, and if you did you'd see that it says "Best-selling <something>, updated hourly" at the top. Go on, have a look ;)

Substituting "itunes" for "amazon" in that search query shows that his EP's dropped to #40 on the global iTunes chart though, which might cheer up a few people in this thread... :D
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom