Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Well I gave the Brainworx Console E plugin a go, and it was quite easy to dial in a reasonable drum sound. But I also felt that it needed a little more processing after I was done - some surgical stuff.

So I guess what I would say is.... regardless of who you guy a 'console' plugin from, don't expect it to be a one-size-fits-all solution and don't expect it to cure everything magically. They still take work. And if you're not used to working on a console then they might be more confusing than individual plugs.

I'll also say that I didn't notice any real harmonic benefits from the Brainworx plugin - whereas with the Slate Digital Console Collection stuff, I do hear a harmonic difference, and I consider it to be a benefit.

I'm not sure about the UA ones. I should try them I suppose.
    Agree.
    Slate's overall sound is much more 'upfront' than the actual hardware.
    Not a criticism, just an observation.

I don't think I do much surgical EQ with the console plugins- they are more 'musical' in nature.

For surgical EQ then there are really only three things I go for, Fabfilter Pro Q, DMG Audio EQuilibrium and Massenburg MDWEQ.
    Most of the time it is Fabfilter- it is crazy good and virtually invisible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    Nice one ive grabbed this. Toontrack having one day everyday for a week sale. Today is midi drum grooves Hard Rock 64% off. you can get it for 9 euro  (£8.10.)
  • JAYJO said:
    Nice one ive grabbed this. Toontrack having one day everyday for a week sale. Today is midi drum grooves Hard Rock 64% off. you can get it for 9 euro  (£8.10.)
    Thank you for this, I like Rival Sons, this could come in handy!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited December 2018
    octatonic said:
    Well I gave the Brainworx Console E plugin a go, and it was quite easy to dial in a reasonable drum sound. But I also felt that it needed a little more processing after I was done - some surgical stuff.

So I guess what I would say is.... regardless of who you guy a 'console' plugin from, don't expect it to be a one-size-fits-all solution and don't expect it to cure everything magically. They still take work. And if you're not used to working on a console then they might be more confusing than individual plugs.

I'll also say that I didn't notice any real harmonic benefits from the Brainworx plugin - whereas with the Slate Digital Console Collection stuff, I do hear a harmonic difference, and I consider it to be a benefit.

I'm not sure about the UA ones. I should try them I suppose.
    Agree.
    Slate's overall sound is much more 'upfront' than the actual hardware.
    Not a criticism, just an observation.

I don't think I do much surgical EQ with the console plugins- they are more 'musical' in nature.

For surgical EQ then there are really only three things I go for, Fabfilter Pro Q, DMG Audio EQuilibrium and Massenburg MDWEQ.
    Most of the time it is Fabfilter- it is crazy good and virtually invisible.

I like using a console plugin sometimes because I don't get distracted by visuals at all.

The issue I have with FF is I can sometimes get led by my eyes.

I'd like to pick up DMG Equillibrium at some point, I actually preferred it to Pro Q2 when I demoed it but couldn't justify buying it already owning Pro Q2...  It's simple, but the fact you can have a knob layout at the bottom makes it easier for me.  Sometimes Pro Q2 can be a little fiddly to select certain EQ points depending on what's going on in the GUI.
  • Fabfilter 25% off bundles until 1st January - https://www.fabfilter.com/shop/

EZkeys midi  jazz ballads now 9 euro. Toontrack.
  • For anyone subscribed to this thread who missed the Acoustica Audio free plugin deal thread, like I did...
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/2096019

edited December 2018
    EZ mix pack  blues Guitar now 15 euro.  toontrack.
    EZ keys Boogie midi pack 9 euro today. Toontrack.
  • Audiority Xenoverb under a tenner at the moment - https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/3780-XenoVerb
    Just tried it and it reminds me of some of the cool stuff the Big Sky can do, for a few hundred quid more! Highly recommend it!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Audiority Xenoverb under a tenner at the moment - https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/3780-XenoVerb
    Just tried it and it reminds me of some of the cool stuff the Big Sky can do, for a few hundred quid more! Highly recommend it!
    this thread is costing me a fortune
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Audiority Xenoverb under a tenner at the moment - https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/3780-XenoVerb
    Thanks. Got it! Love the layout of the interface, which makes sense to me as a guitar player. I don't think I'll ever be able to justify a bigsky so this will have to do.

Does anyone know how this compares to the valhalla vintage verb?
  • Branshen said:
    Audiority Xenoverb under a tenner at the moment - https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/3780-XenoVerb
    Thanks. Got it! Love the layout of the interface, which makes sense to me as a guitar player. I don't think I'll ever be able to justify a bigsky so this will have to do.

Does anyone know how this compares to the valhalla vintage verb?
    Not quite as flexible as VVV in my book. VVV can get much cleaner than Xenoverb. As a fan of Midiverbs and SPX90s and that whole era of crunchy digital reverb, Xenoverb at that price was an instant buy. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    Not a mega mega deal by any stretch but IK Multimedia are doing a sale at the moment (not sure how much longer as it's billed as a festive season sale) and also gave account holders 30 "jam points" (basically 30EU credits) which can also be used to get more off. I just got the EQual, Dyna-Mu and a couple of others for 60EU. They are by no means cheap when compared to the likes of Waves' insane deals, but I really like some of their emu's (emulations, fool, not the birds...)
  • Cirrus said:
    Not a mega mega deal by any stretch but IK Multimedia are doing a sale at the moment (not sure how much longer as it's billed as a festive season sale) and also gave account holders 30 "jam points" (basically 30EU credits) which can also be used to get more off. I just got the EQual, Dyna-Mu and a couple of others for 60EU. They are by no means cheap when compared to the likes of Waves' insane deals, but I really like some of their emu's (emulations, fool, not the birds...)
    if nothing else you can download Amplitube Custom Shop and buy the Fender spring reverb with the jam points. I think its the best spring plugin ive ever tried
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cirrus said:
    if nothing else you can download Amplitube Custom Shop and buy the Fender spring reverb with the jam points. I think its the best spring plugin ive ever tried
    Looked like they changed the model, now you can pay a maximum percentage in jam points...which means to use up all my jam points even on custom shop credits would cost me like £100 or something. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    New Toontrack products scheduled for release in 2019; https://www.toontrack.com/toontrack-20-years/
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3466
    edited February 2019
    Plugin Alliance BX_console N

73% off today!
    Use VIP Voucher Code:
    VIP-24H-bxN-79-190206

Worth it?