Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My parcel was signed for, but not by me?

What's Hot

Comments

• DPD are useless. When my wife had her wedding dress dry cleaned DPD was the return courier.

they updated the tracking with a signed for note and a photo of the delivered parcel at the door. Problem was it wasn’t our front door and the parcel in the pic wasn’t my wife’s dress.

i could read the shipping label on the photo and it was for an address over a mile away. I went round there to try to find the parcel but just got abuse hurled at me.

a day later one of our neighbors in our building appeared with the parcel. They had signed for it afterall but fk knows where and why the DPD driver uploaded the tracking with the wrong photo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Get in touch with the company that sent the parcel and tell them whats happened.  Unless you specified to leave the item in a safe place they can't just drop it nearby and self sign for it.  

I hope it turns up soon!
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8822
    tFB Trader
    robgilmo said:
    I phoned DPD who told me that the driver signed for it and left it outside my house on Friday, they have GPS confirmation to say it was left where he left it, even accurate to which side of the house it was left on, cant find it though..
    This happens to me sometimes. I’m happy enough though tbh. It’s usually the case that I’m in the workshop or my wife is in the house. He usually knocks on the door, waits for a sign of life in the house then runs back to the van. Given how much he has to get done in a day I’m quite happy to let him save himself time standing on my doorstep when he could be on his way to his next drop.
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited June 2019
    It's like signing on a Stylophone.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    edited December 2018
    I had this with a laptop once and was sent an email with a nice little confirmatory pic of the item on the doorstep of someone else's house on a busy road!

They had the audacity to keep trying to approach the wrong address owner to confirm that they still had the item before finally refunding me. Went on for nearly 4 months until I I took it up with the credit card company. Turns out the house it was delivered to was empty and up for sale...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I took a delivery in for a neighbour a week or so ago. As I was signing the electronic thingy I muttered, "Oh, I hate these things." Whoops. There was an instant change in the previously amicable delivery driver. "Don't say that!" He said with a psychotic stare. "Don't say that! It really gets our backs up when people say that." Ok...
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @robgilmo - what was the outcome mate ?
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3435
    Nothing yet, DPD said the driver would call round , he didn't, seller said he would send us out a form to fill in , they didn't, DPD has admitted that it was fraudulently signed for to me and the seller, so Im still 230 quid out of pocket and some thieving scrote got a nice Christmas pressy, Im going to go through paypal if it isnt resolved soon.

And Im keeping my sheds and cars locked and leaving nothing outside the house!
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • robgilmo said:
    Nothing yet, DPD said the driver would call round , he didn't, seller said he would send us out a form to fill in , they didn't, DPD has admitted that it was fraudulently signed for to me and the seller, so Im still 230 quid out of pocket and some thieving scrote got a nice Christmas pressy, Im going to go through paypal if it isnt resolved soon.

Wankers, wankers everywhere  :o
    There is just no getting away from them.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Three parcels from the US this month, all happen to use Yodel at this end:
    Parcel one - failed delivery
    Parcel two - failed delivery
    Parcel three - coming today

Amazon replaced parcel one (with parcel 3... uh oh!)

So I thought I'd talk to them.

Webchat - "Charlette" declared that the Data Protection Act meant she couldn't tell me where the drive was dumping my stuff... before I could even type out that the Data Protection Act was something I had to know to pass two exams so I knew she was lying she'd already ended the chat... briliant.

So, phoned them.

Helped by one of those super friendly sounding south african accents I was speaking to a helpful person.
    Started with parcel 2 because it was the most recent - this is being investigated and the Driver is Mike (this is an Ebay order, so unlike Amazon
    Parcel 1 - turns out it was a failed delivery but the driver put the wrong info in and it's on its way again today - with a note to try the actual address this time
    Parcel 3 also has a note now.

By this afternoon I will know if I have had some success... fucken Yodel
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    robgilmo said:

Stop wasting your time with DPD. I'd get the seller to agree refund or replacement there and then and if they refuse just go straight to Paypal, all the other crap shouldn't be your concern.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12292
    Sometimes I wonder how the world doesn't just grind to a halt. Fuckwits at every turn..
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Octafish said:
    robgilmo said:

Stop wasting your time with DPD. I'd get the seller to agree refund or replacement there and then and if they refuse just go straight to Paypal, all the other crap shouldn't be your concern.
    Ive sent them an EMail just this minute, two weeks is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a delivery but as we know this one has already gone wrong the two weeks shouldn't really stand , should it?
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 605
    Sometimes I wonder how the world doesn't just grind to a halt. Fuckwits at every turn..

^ this - YYY oh frigging Y!
    Fuckwits indeed, still no refund or replacement.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    I've had it today with Hermes. According to their website it's been signed for on my street and at my house number, yet no sign of a parcel. Bloody stupid beyond words if you ask me.
    Im still waiting for a refund.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Earlier this year I got a new bouzouki from Ebay and waited over a week for the delivery.
    By that time I was worried and contacted the seller who claimed to have sent it by 48 hour Hermes. The tracking information said it had been left in a 'secure location', which is tricky as we live in a Victorian terraced house with a small patch of garden at the front. But there was no card to say they'd done so - and what is more, I was in the house at the time of delivery... I admit, I did check under the hedge that divides it from next-door!
    So I contacted Hermes and eventually received an email that claimed it had been left with a neighbour and a card had been left. It hadn't but never mind, I went to the neighbour and got the parcel.

Turned out the guy I'd bought it from had put the wrong house number on the address and the people from there were on holiday, which is obviously where the card went. Oh how I laughed. After a lot of swearing.
  • I never understand why couriers offer insurance as an extra. 

They're literally being paid to safely deliver a parcel, why the fuck should I need to insure it? Surely if it's not delivered safely they have failed on their part of the contract?

Id very much like for delivery prices to increase a chunk, if it means fairer pay for the workers and better care taken. I think it's just been a race to the bottom, and everyone loses. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom