Alto 1604 mixer

sw67sw67 Frets: 230
Had issues with our mixer this weekend. We usually run 2 Yamaha dbr powered speakers from the xlr out and 2 monitors from aux 1&2 but all w.e had was a very low distorted sound from the main speakers and nothing from the monitors.

We had sound if we switched the main speaker input from line to mic and the aux send to bypass faders.

Has anyone seen this before and is it worth repairing 

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3653
    When I read this my first thought was that it sounds as though you have switched the output level of the mixer.  Looking at the manual it would appear that there is a pad switch next to the main XLR outputs on the back.

Of course this wouldn't explain the distortion or lack of monitors but worth checking first.
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 230
    Should have been clearer - With the levels set at gig volume you could hear a tiny distorted signal if you pressed your ear against the speakers. We did check the pad switch and it was set as manual but tried both settings. Thinking perhaps something is not right with the output section .

We have decided to upgrade to a Behringer xr16 and go digital as we have too many gigs to be getting repairs done 

• maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3117
    edited December 2018
    I would test all your cables first, and that all channels are routed on their individual channel strips to 
    main out

www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    Cheers guys - did all the usual tests 
    Thought I would close this topic - new mixer works perfect with speakers set as they should be ( line )