Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Going Veggie ?

What's Hot

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24210
    I'm not generally a fan of veggie ready meal/ processed stuff but I had a Gregg's vegan sausage roll today and it was very tasty. If a bit disturbingly meaty. And probably not great if eating less meat for health reasons. But tasty. 
    Piers Moron will be very upset...

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    I'm not generally a fan of veggie ready meal/ processed stuff but I had a Gregg's vegan sausage roll today and it was very tasty. If a bit disturbingly meaty. And probably not great if eating less meat for health reasons. But tasty. 

I found out yesterday that Piers Morgan is involved with the PR company that Greggs uses.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16254
    Emp_Fab said:

Tasty food and it upsets Piers. I think that's what is known as a win win. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • p90fool said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Why is it anyone else's business why someone chooses to stop eating meat ?  
    It isn't, unless they won't shut the fuck up about it, then it's unavoidably EVERYONE'S business. 

Put it this way, if I have never had a meal with someone or been in the same room as them while they're eating, then the only way I would know whether they are vegetarian or vegan is because they've told me they are. 

You can't impose your opinion on the entire world then tell people it's none of their business if they disagree with it. 
    In my experience---as a meat eater who is married to a vegan---it is meat eaters who are far more likely to be unable to shut the fuck up when it comes to what people have chosen to eat. Almost entirely without fail, to be honest. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    How would they know then? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2558
    In my case they know because they hear me ask questions about whether soup is vegetarian, or see that I've chosen the vegetarian option, or see me check the ingredients on food packaging. Then they start asking questions.

The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • p90fool said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    It isn't, unless they won't shut the fuck up about it, then it's unavoidably EVERYONE'S business. 

Put it this way, if I have never had a meal with someone or been in the same room as them while they're eating, then the only way I would know whether they are vegetarian or vegan is because they've told me they are. 

You can't impose your opinion on the entire world then tell people it's none of their business if they disagree with it. 
    How is it imposition if you're not being forced to agree or comply?
  • This thread is how you get cannibalism.

Bye!

• This thread is how you get cannibalism.
    The main issue is with people who won't shut the fuck up about cannibalism.

Always kill before cooking.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

p90fool said:
    Emp_Fab said:

I don't care and I don't feel imposed upon, my point is simply that if I haven't actually dined with or fed someone then I won't have asked them whether they're vegetarian, and yet somehow we all seem to know who is and who isn't among our fairly casual acquaintances. 

I don't really eat meat, but I don't need a word for that any more than I need a word for not eating peanut butter. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24210
    OMG !!  YOU DON'T EAT PEANUT BUTTER !!!!  Why ??????  Is it because you think you're better than us ?  Do you think you're somehow helping the peanuts ???
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    p90fool said:
    Emp_Fab said:

I don't care and I don't feel imposed upon, my point is simply that if I haven't actually dined with or fed someone then I won't have asked them whether they're vegetarian, and yet somehow we all seem to know who is and who isn't among our fairly casual acquaintances. 

I don't really eat meat, but I don't need a word for that any more than I need a word for not eating peanut butter. 
    Talking about food and drink is one of the universal pastimes. Everywhere on the planet people talk about food---of course you're going to hear about people with dietary requirements/preferences. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    OMG !!  YOU DON'T EAT PEANUT BUTTER !!!!  Why ??????  Is it because you think you're better than us ?  Do you think you're somehow helping the peanuts ???
    Yes, and yes.
    :)
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    Inspired by this thread , for the first time in my life, I have just prepared and eaten a Aubergine,Zucchini and Halloumi burger with red onion,grated carrot and tomato and a touch of garlic and herb dressing .

It was very tasty, thanks very much.

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    I've also been studying this thread pretty intently - I'd class myself as an animal lover, but have increasingly struggled with (my personal) hypocrisy of eating meat without really caring about the animal that's been killed so that I can eat it.

I don't mean that as a criticism of anyone else that's an animal lover and meat-eater, it's my own view of myself.

I did go veggie for about six years, but that was about 25 years ago, and have increasingly thought about it recently. It's something that I'm going to attempt again in spite of not liking much of the stuff that makes up a vegetarian diet. I'm sure that there are even better options than there were 25 years ago though. 
    Call me Dave.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    This thread is how you get cannibalism.
    See, there's always a silver lining if you look properly. 
  •  I'm sure that there are even better options than there were 25 years ago though. 
    25 even 30 years ago I had at least a weekly trip to Holland and Barrett or a local hippy heath food shop to stock up on veggie food.   Eating out was near on impossible or the inevitable veg lasagne. Now everything could be bought from any supermarket (though i will admit to not having been in a lidl / Aldi for a couple of years, and restaurants have a much wider verity on their menus.

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
     I'm sure that there are even better options than there were 25 years ago though. 
    25 even 30 years ago I had at least a weekly trip to Holland and Barrett or a local hippy heath food shop to stock up on veggie food.   Eating out was near on impossible or the inevitable veg lasagne. Now everything could be bought from any supermarket (though i will admit to not having been in a lidl / Aldi for a couple of years, and restaurants have a much wider verity on their menus.
    Aldi have a special on vegan mayo and vegan jerky This Week.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Reverend said:
     I'm sure that there are even better options than there were 25 years ago though. 
    Aldi have a special on vegan mayo and vegan jerky This Week.
    Wow,  I live and learn.  Cheers.

• SnapSnap Frets: 6256

One of the biggest issues facing the human race is that we don't think enough about what we eat. As countries become more developed and affluent, we eat too much, we waste too much, we produce food too intensely without enough regard to the ecosystems affected by the production.

Arguably the biggest protagonist in this is meat production.

Until we get a grip on what and how much we put down our throats, we will continue to be fat, and continue to deplete resources.

61% of England's adults are obese: that is obscene and within our control for most people. The problem (put simply) is that we don't understand enough about how to nourish ourselves. The responsibility for that ultimately lies with each and every one of us.

Yes, the food industry pushes crap food at us 24/7, but we aren't babies and we don't have to eat this crap.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom