New Strymon...

What's Hot
crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
Strymon are announcing something on the 10th on farcebook live.  (9pm UK time).

Any guesses?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited January 2019
    A Multi-FX as in mixing delays, reverbs and modulations all in one box???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    edited January 2019
    Echoey thingy?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1686
    Philtre said:
    Echoey thingy?
    That's been on their site a while.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I was looking up NAMM rumours over the weekend and this seemed to be the big one ( from an FX point of view anyway). Suggestion seems to be a multi FX. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2316
    I was looking up NAMM rumours over the weekend and this seemed to be the big one ( from an FX point of view anyway). Suggestion seems to be a multi FX. 
    Ooh that would be awesome 
  • A lot of folk seem to think there are clues in their instagram feed that it might be their take on an Echorec...

of course if it was a multiFX, then that would be the dream...
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26749
    A Strymon multi could be great, but against the HX Stomp I can't see how it can provide value - it'd need to be north of £600 to avoid hurting Mobius, Bigsky and Timeline sales, but then how many of us would buy one over the Helix stuff?

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2208
    edited January 2019
    A Strymon multi could be great, but against the HX Stomp I can't see how it can provide value - it'd need to be north of £600 to avoid hurting Mobius, Bigsky and Timeline sales, but then how many of us would buy one over the Helix stuff?

Me, for one. Helix is a feat of engineering, but it's not for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    I think it will be the following;

- El Cap size

- Midi controlled

- Drive one side, verb and delay the other
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I think it will be the following;

- El Cap size

- Midi controlled

I don’t need the midi but I’d be very tempted by something similar to that  

I’d like to see a pedal the size of the timeline but with the cut down version of the effects, like the reverb on a flint.    Drive, Mod and  Rev/Delay keep the quality and cut down the options.  
  • I'd buy one if it was DIG, El Cap and Flint in one. Three of the absolute best pedals I've ever owned.

I do wish they'd allow themselves to reuse algorithms.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    Saw someone on Facebook speculating that there may be updated versions of some of the older pedals like the Timeline.  It's been out a good while now.
  • I think it will be the following;

- El Cap size

- Midi controlled

From the photos on Strymon's Instagram, it looks like it would be a Timeline-sized enclosure. Looks like it has MIDI and stereo ins and outs as well.
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited January 2019
    It’s probably some semi modular type unit
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

Depends how ‘multi’.  Tape delay, Deco taoe mod, tape looper (just a suggestion I read), I’d definitely be interested.  Helix replacement probably not (already have a Helix).

I like my Helix but my Flint has a more stomp bix feel and seems to sit better in front if my amp,  so I’d definitely be into a reduced scope stomp type multi, if that makes sense?
    I'd buy one if it was DIG, El Cap and Flint in one. Three of the absolute best pedals I've ever owned.

I do wish they'd allow themselves to reuse algorithms.
    I’d probably buy that, or even better Flint, El Cap, Deco.

Or a modular system where you can load any 3 if their smaller ones into a bigger enclosure.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26749

Depends how ‘multi’.  Tape delay, Deco taoe mod, tape looper (just a suggestion I read), I’d definitely be interested.  Helix replacement probably not (already have a Helix).

I like my Helix but my Flint has a more stomp bix feel and seems to sit better in front if my amp,  so I’d definitely be into a reduced scope stomp type multi, if that makes sense?
    But what would be the point? If it's too cheap no-one will buy the single pedals. If too much, noon will buy the new thing. I can't see it happening. 

How about a half-pedal? I'd love just the echo side of the Deco, or just the Trem from the Flint.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited January 2019
    Posted on their Facebook page. Is that a  binson echorec hiding behind those monitors? https://i.postimg.cc/q76fT5Zc/05314461-8-D4-B-4930-A4-D8-DF1-BFD66-C176.jpg
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD

But what would be the point? If it's too cheap no-one will buy the single pedals. If too much, noon will buy the new thing. I can't see it happening. 

How about a half-pedal? I'd love just the echo side of the Deco, or just the Trem from the Flint.
    Yeah perhaps not but i’d still be interested in the right combination for Timeline price in a Timeline sized enclosure.

Half pedals would be good also.  Top mounted jacks so 2 together use the same footprint as an El Cap.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Wah pedal?