Does it ever bother you.....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Evilmags said:
    Pete Docherty did that in a friends pub (also his manager at the time). It was louder than the PA and sounded awful. 
    Pete Docherty sober/straight enough to stack a 4x12 on another 4x12? And plug them in correctly? Or did he have a roadie do it?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Evilmags said:
    Pete Docherty did that in a friends pub (also his manager at the time). It was louder than the PA and sounded awful. 
    Pete Docherty sober/straight enough to stack a 4x12 on another 4x12? And plug them in correctly? Or did he have a roadie do it?

I've always considered that there is a special circle of hell reserved for him when he did an interview where he stated that he will only play vintage guitars, but he often likes to smash them up for a laugh.
  • Evilmags said:

I've always considered that there is a special circle of hell reserved for him when he did an interview where he stated that he will only play vintage guitars, but he often likes to smash them up for a laugh.
    It that's not a wind up, then I agree with you, and it should be 7 times hotter than the one reserved for Judas
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    We played an absolute farce of a gig a few months ago (that’s another story) and the bassist of another band turned up with some ridiculous Ashdown stack, claiming that there were only 100 in existence and then plugged in a pedalboard that was (and I’m not exaggerating) 5 foot wide. It even had fairy lights on it. He didn’t touch a single pedal all set (I know because the band was awful and I had nothing better to do) which I found hilarious. I had reasonably high expectations based on his gear but I suppose when he was struggling to play in time that should have been the give away. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Yes.
    But it's not just limited to when I turn up at a gig.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    hootsmon said:

Does it ever bother you.....

...when you turn up at a gig with the absolute best in latest high end gear and think tae yourself ..."shit, i am under pressure tae be good here tonight with all this stuff"
    No. I use whatever I need to do the job, sometimes expensive and sometimes cheap, and it doesn't change how I use it. No-one out front really notices, and none of them care.

I'm always under pressure to be good, and it's nothing to do with my gear ;).

As a bassist - no one notices me
    I have a Behringer fuzz pedal which solves that problem - £24-worth of orange plastic which guarantees you will be heard :).

As for amps I will usually play through anything that's loud enough and won't die in the middle of the set, if I don't have to carry it there.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I used my Blue Floral Pattern Ibanez JEM last week. Amongst other tracks we played “Pretty Vacant” by the Sex Pistols and party cheese like “500 Miles” and “Mustang Sally”

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1667

The best I get is "Do you hope to have a Fender one day?" type questions when I've got a £3000 Marleaux round my neck.

Seriously though, do you hope to get a Fender one day?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    I always let my riffs do the talking. Ppl never say "great riffing"but  always - that guitar sounds great - what is it...?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Reminds me of the famous Chet Atkins story where he's recording with a new guitar and someone comments that the guitar sounds really good. Chet puts it down on a stand and says "how does it sound now?".

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    When we (eventually) die and go to heaven, St.. Peter will hand each and every one of us a plywood harp with four rusty strings as we pass through the Pearly Gates. Sorry, you won't taking your R8s and Marshall stacks and Kempers with you.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    ...and there will still be upstarts that have a 7 string variant in drop D...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>