Peavey Deuce with loud feedback in reverb?

robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3434
edited January 2019 in Amps
So I haven't played this amp in a while, fired it up , let it warm up (it usually sounds muddy for the first 20 or so minutes) and played it, so far so good.

Now, you know when you switch on the reverb and it fades in rather than just bang its there? well , this took a little longer to fade in but loads of loud feedback , like a woooooooooooo , faded in with it, and just kept getting louder, so I switched it off.

Reverb was on half way, it happens with the guitar connected or not connected. Volume, tone, touching strings , nothing makes a difference. 

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1617
    Microphonic gain make up valve?

Dave.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3434
    edited January 2019
    Not sure, I cleaned up the connections to the tank, rca plugs, and it seems to work Ok now, although it doesnt sound as deep as it did before.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72204
    robgilmo said:
    Not sure, I cleaned up the connections to the tank, rca plugs, and it seems to work Ok now, although it doesnt sound as deep as it did before.
    Do you reconnect the tank the right way round?

It's not a valve, the reverb is solid-state - in fact the whole preamp is - on these.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein