Victory V30 MKii, Sheriff 44 or RK50

What's Hot
guitarmansteve77guitarmansteve77 Frets: 146
edited October 2018 in Amps
Has anyone tried these, what are your thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    v30 is the most versatile of them all, the 44 is imense but doesnt cover as much ground as the v30. haven't played much on the rk but it seemed good. i own a v30mkii and now have the kraken pedal with it and i am having lots of fun with them paired together. 

the kraken pedal also sounds great through my mooer radar for silent practice and i dare say it would be awesome recorded through it too.
  • Cool, would you say that maybe the super countess would cover all of these grounds?
    haven't played on one so i cant comment on what they sound like. All I can say is that the mkii with the matching 2x12 sounds good to me and the kraken pedal adds an etxra dimension to it.
  • How loud is the mkii? We have a very loud drummer, do you think it’d compete?
    it's loud man
  • I went down to Sound Affects on Monday and I think the RK50 was my favourite. 
  • Can a V30 mkII or V30 owner tell me if his amp produces  AC-hum in the speaker even with no guitar/cable, all master and gain dialled to zero ? Victory service tells me it's normal but it's the 1st time I encounter an amp producing hum in a speaker at volume 0 everywhere.
    Thanks !

• Normal or not ?
  • Anyone played the V40 Deluxe? 
    my mkii does this too. it also changes a little when the nomod switch is on. still sounds great though.
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4287
    edited January 2019
    Get yourself a used Cornford. A hellcat would work extremely well 

Much better build quality and far superior tone. The victory gear is lifeless and sterile in comparison 
    I haven't owned a cornford so i can't compare them but i have owned a lot of amps and the victory is not life less or sterile to me. That's my opinion of course and tone is subjective. The build quality is pretty good though, they have been rock solid for me and i have had amps from other brands go wrong before.
  • Get yourself a used Cornford. A hellcat would work extremely well 

Much better build quality and far superior tone. The victory gear is lifeless and sterile in comparison 
    I saw Zappa Plays Zappa in the Royal Albert Hall about 12 years ago. The two guitarists were Dweezil Zappa and Steve Vai. Dweezil was using a Cornford and his tone was killer. Sounded much better than Vai’s tone, not that his sounded bad though. Amazing concert. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    I played the RK and although I’m no fast shred type of player I thought it was excellent