Single Amp that works well for both acoustic& electric

2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72230
    I thought that an Acoustic Amp was just a standard PA speaker with a Preamp attached to it.
    They’re usually more specifically designed for the purpose than that. Most of the ones I’ve seen aren’t capable of handling sustained high power, because the don’t have to be normally - an acoustic guitar is a very dynamic source, so if it’s not going to clip at all
    on transients the average power will be far lower than the maximum power. An overdriven guitar is heavily compressed by comparison so the average power can then be much higher even if the power stage isn’t clipping.

Something more like a PA speaker with a preamp is a keyboard amp - they have to handle sustained power across a wide frequency range - like an organ sound or a strings pad. They tend to be a lot bigger and heavier, and with much less useful controls for guitars, but they do usually sound quite good for both acoustic and electric guitar.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom