Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Official FB Jam - Sasquatch (Huddersfield) Edition - 16/17th February 2019 - Weekender!!

What's Hot

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5327
    Last time we left the studio about 6 and then went to do the gig which went on until at least midnight, I think (there was beer, didn't really notice when we finished)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    some reprobates stayed in the hotel bar after that too.

not me, I'm a snowflake.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    edited January 2019
    Lol... 
    I don't really drink but the gig defo sounds fun. 

Oh Christ, I just checked and it's more like a 5 hour drive - I thought it was 3... defo booking a room but will leave first thing Sunday to head for Glasgow. Really hope Paradise City comes off as really looking forward to that!

Room going through now. Anybody needs me to do anything, just ask!
  • Just to be clear re Paradise City if @vasselmeyer can't make it... @Modellista could do lead vox and octave down (in E)? Backing is just during the chorus so I could try that. What about rhythm guitars?
    I've been playing a few lead bits wrong all these years - wont correct it all but it's sounding better already :)

I'd also be ok to step in for some sort of improvised solo on Danger Zone / Beat It if struggling. 
  • Shan't struggle for Dangerzone / beat it solo ;-)
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Look forward to hearing that! :D
  • Needs to be on the list first.. with bums on seats etc
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Just to be clear re Paradise City if @vasselmeyer can't make it... @Modellista could do lead vox and octave down (in E)? Backing is just during the chorus so I could try that. What about rhythm guitars?
    I've been playing a few lead bits wrong all these years - wont correct it all but it's sounding better already :)

I'd also be ok to step in for some sort of improvised solo on Danger Zone / Beat It if struggling. 
    As it stands I’m down to sing it unless anyone else can do it in the proper range? And if @vasselmeyer can’t make it (hope he can though!) then I can take the Izzy part too. 

Danger Zone / Beat It are on the provisional gig list - there’s probably a couple of spaces for extra studio songs but as we’ve already done both in the studio to a decent standard I think they should be gig-worthy with a quick run through in one of the practice rooms?
  • i like your thinking..
    My trading feedback

@mrkb I just checked the FB group and you said you’d prefer Rock N Roll Star to Cigarettes - we could maybe swap them?
    Also - calling our first timers (I think) - @TADodger and @RedRabbit - you’re both down for just one solo each, grab some more parts while they’re still up for grabs!
    Also, due to dropouts there should now be a space vacant for @hywelg if you’re still wanting to come. If so, get yourself down for some playing!
  • @mrkb I just checked the FB group and you said you’d prefer Rock N Roll Star to Cigarettes - we could maybe swap them?
    We swapped it the other way because we were going to gig cigs, but that was with Ed playing lead... 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    @mrkb I just checked the FB group and you said you’d prefer Rock N Roll Star to Cigarettes - we could maybe swap them?
    We swapped it the other way because we were going to gig cigs, but that was with Ed playing lead... 
    Righto.

Are you happy with the way the lists are shaping up? Maybe room for a couple from the gig list on the studio list of people want to record them. 
    Just to answer my own question, the obvious thing to do would be base the actual gig on the studio list and add in those on the gig list as extras. I can see Highway To Hell getting dropped unless we can find a Bon Scott soundalike. 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5327
    I'm more than happy to drop Highway - only offered to do rhythm because I thought there were already others on it, and can do without needing to brush up (plus it's boring, there are more fun AC/DC songs :) )
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    @Modellista - can you drop me from learn to fly, as usual time is being a dick, and there is already two guitarists playing. :)
  • @Modellista you'll be able to play the second guitar part and sing at the same time!? Well done, if so!

Who's doing second guitar / vox for Holiday Road if still going ahead?

Looking forward to this. :)

FYI I think I got a refund a while ago for this (??) - am I due the organisers anything for the Saturday only now?

• @thomasross20 ; I thought you were singing Holiday Road?
    My trading feedback

^ Yep @thomasross20 you’re down to sing Holiday Road.  I doubt anyone else will touch it!

I was wondering when the dues need to be paid myself. Just say the word, organisers!