Tanglewood TW28 - any opinions?

Hi
Looking for a used acoustic, mainly for the kids to mess about with (and me), and came across a Tanglewood TW28.  Its about 10 years old, good condition etc.

What do people generally think of these?  Also, what would be a fair value/price?

Others I've considered are a Yamaha FG700/800 or a Fender CD60.

Don't want to spend much.

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• At the lower end of the market there's probably not much in it, but for what its worth I have a Tanglewood and I love it. Your best bet is to pick a few up and play them.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    Nice guitars, check for splits around the binding and the top bulging behind the bridge and heavy fretwear in the "Cowboy Chord" area and you'll be fine, they are good workhorses
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    edited January 2019
    At the lower end of the market there's probably not much in it, but for what its worth I have a Tanglewood and I love it. Your best bet is to pick a few up and play them.
    sweepy said:
    Nice guitars, check for splits around the binding and the top bulging behind the bridge and heavy fretwear in the "Cowboy Chord" area and you'll be fine, they are good workhorses
    Thanks chaps.  Any guidance on price for an older one? £80-£100? Or am I way off?
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2912
    I really rate Tanglewoods across the range. £80-£100 sounds about right.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    I tried a Tanglewood TW45 heritage (I think) and it was fantastic, and I should have bought it :)
  • Vinylfan said:
    At the lower end of the market there's probably not much in it, but for what its worth I have a Tanglewood and I love it. Your best bet is to pick a few up and play them.
    sweepy said:
    Thanks chaps.  Any guidance on price for an older one? £80-£100? Or am I way off?
    You'll probably find something for around that price but if you could afford to throw another £50 at it you'll get a much better guitar and more choice.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I recently bought one of their top end guitars and have to say it's fantastic, I may still be in the honeymoon period but to me it just sounds great. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Tanglewood guitars.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2316
    I have had a couple of tanglewood guitars.  They are very well made, and sound great.

worth having a look at seagull and simon and patrick as well as 2nd hand they can be very cheap and offer a huge amount for the money
  • An old TW28 was my only guitar for a decade. It was pretty good (until the top started caving in  but it had led a hard life)  
  • @Vinylfan ;

I recently brought a 
    Tanglewood Crossroads TWCR for my daughter, she loves the guitar and for under £100 worth buying.
    “Ken sent me.”