Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Punisher on Netflix

What's Hot

Comments

•  If you do watch it, look out for the cheeky efforts to show Jessica Henwick's exquisite sideboob they slip in as often as they can.
    pics or it didnt happen
    I'm not proving anything, you will just have to sit through Iron Fist. ;)
    I did but I clearly missed it... I was mesmerised by the lack of acting ability
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I hope that doesn't push back the other shows. I don't really understand why it's been delayed because of that event though
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrew said:
    I hope that doesn't push back the other shows. I don't really understand why it's been delayed because of that event though

I know mate, they're going to show it anyway at some point so they may as well.  People would view the show as The Punisher punishing bad men and women for not using their firearms in a responsible manner. 
  • Announced broadcast date is 17th November.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Announced broadcast date is 17th November.

Damn was (selfishly) hoping the recent shooting would only delay it by weeks.
  • Announced broadcast date is 17th November.
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    Everyone ready for this?

...featuring Jimmy Pursey??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Im not one much for investing in TV series. I mostly watch movies or read books. Rarely watch TV. 

Punisher season 1 was excellent, so i’ll definitely watch all of season 2. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlin said:
    Season 2 starts on the 18th Jan. 

Im not one much for investing in TV series. I mostly watch movies or read books. Rarely watch TV. 

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know there was a season 2 coming out.  This will give me something else to watch after Ray Donovan finishes. 

• TheMarlin said:

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know there was a season 2 coming out.  This will give me something else to watch after Ray Donovan finishes. 

Yeah, I suspect it'll just about be the last of the Marvel/Netflix shows before Disney launch their own streaming platform and shove it all on there.
    <space for hire>
  • TheMarlin said:

Yeah, I suspect it'll just about be the last of the Marvel/Netflix shows before Disney launch their own streaming platform and shove it all on there.

Do you think the Disney streaming service will retain the grit of the Netflix Marvel shows? 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23919
    TheMarlin said:

Do you think the Disney streaming service will retain the grit of the Netflix Marvel shows? 
    Doubt it.

Disney has never done anything like it.

For other adult themed stuff they usually release it under a different studio name for films.

But at the same time if Disney wants their streaming service to be more than just a kids service then they'll have to compete with Netflix and Amazon - but that doesn't mean they will do 18 certificate stuff.
  • TheMarlin said:

Doubt it.

For other adult themed stuff they usually release it under a different studio name for films.

But at the same time if Disney wants their streaming service to be more than just a kids service then they'll have to compete with Netflix and Amazon - but that doesn't mean they will do 18 certificate stuff.

They would certainly lose a lot of Marvel fans if there wasn't as much action.  Can you imagine a watered down version of The Punisher?  Terrible! 
    TheMarlin said:

Doubt it.

They would certainly lose a lot of Marvel fans if there wasn't as much action.  Can you imagine a watered down version of The Punisher?  Terrible! 
    Not to mention they will soon be taking control of Deadpool as well.

Perhaps they think they will lose some adult fans but replace them with more younger fans.
    I was reading some film sites and several commentators think Disney won't join the X-Men and Deadpool with the MCU but just release those films under the 20C Fox banner instead to distance them from Disney.

Disney has a "No R Rated" film policy but Bob Iger (Head of Disney) has said they don't want to ruin a successful product either.

If the X-Men and Fantastic Four join the MCU then we could have a proper version of "The Secret Wars" But I can't see Deadpool working in the squeaky clean MCU and then having 15 or 18 cert releases as well.

Daredevil was in the Avengers in the comics for a while too.

Who knows what they'll do with it. Or Jessica Jones. Iron Fist definitely needs a recasting job though!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Iron Fist definitely needs a recasting job though!
    I don't know - it seems written & directed as a sulky teenager thing, not 100% sure it's the actor's fault (I can't stand it BTW)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1645
    edited January 2019
    Jessica Jones season 3 will probably be the Marvel/Netflix swan song...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Jessica Jones season 3 will probably be the Marvel/Netflix swan song...

I thought the first season of Jessica Jones was great then I sort of lost interest about half way through the second season, should I pick it up again?
  • I enjoyed season 2 as it developed.. Mrs B&T rates it the best of the M/N offerings..

I have a feeling season 3 could be about Trish's powers but who knows..
    My trading feedback

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10228

Just started watching season one of The Punisher today on the strength of this thread. Up to episode four already.

Bloody hell,it's brutal. My son,who's seen the whole season,said it gets even worse. 

Just my kind of show  :)

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom