Rehousing a Katana 50

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• longshinslongshins Frets: 246
    edited January 2019
    Lardy said:
    that's the stuff longships. Yours?
    Yup, inside it’s a basically a Fender Harvard clone made by Abbott Handwired in Wellingborough. The cab however I think was made by the same guy who makes the Rift stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    I would change the grille cloth to something she likes. Get her to choose it.

Re-covering the amp *well* will be difficult, and rehousing it extremely difficult, because it’s not just a simple box, it’s a fairly complex structure where the amp section is mounted.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11671
    Is it possible that your better half has really communicated the code for "I don't want that thing in the living room at all" and that you are wasting a lot of effort.... (I don't know, but the female of the species, bless em)...

Perhaps one of the teenier home praccy amps might be more to her taste, and put the Katana out of sight to drag out when she goes out?

I'm thinking THR10, Vox Handbag, Blackstar Core Beam, etc - the Vox and Blackstar double as bluetooth speakers as well.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FFS man up and put yer woman in order. Tell her that you put up with her cooker, washing machine and ironing board in the house, so she can put up with your amp.  :) 
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    FFS man up and put yer woman in order. Tell her that you put up with her cooker, washing machine and ironing board in the house, so she can put up with your amp.  :) 
    FFS how offensive is this shit?  "It was a joke you cxxt" is not acceptable, cos it's not funny.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
    longshins said:
    Lardy said:
    that's the stuff longships. Yours?
    Yup, inside it’s a basically a Fender Harvard clone made by Abbott Handwired in Wellingborough. The cab however I think was made by the same guy who makes the Rift stuff.
    Eli uses ZD cab designs, you can find him on eBay and Facebook. He does some fantastic natural wood cabs (walnut etc) that look great and keep the better halves happy -my wife was the one that turned me onto Abbott amps because they looked good. Very glad she did.
  • clarkefan said:
    FFS man up and put yer woman in order. Tell her that you put up with her cooker, washing machine and ironing board in the house, so she can put up with your amp.  :) 
    FFS how offensive is this shit?  "It was a joke you cxxt" is not acceptable, cos it's not funny.of course its a joke you retard, but youre obviusly too thick to understand it so i wont bother trying to explain, btw, thats not a joke
  • LardyLardy Frets: 20
    Going the ZD Cabs route.
    MLC. I Get where your coming from, but i insisted on a Lacanche Range Cooker... Your quite welcome to come round and tell her on my behalf, just need to find a night when she's not out UFC training.
  • Lardy said:
    Going the ZD Cabs route.
    MLC. I Get where your coming from, but i insisted on a Lacanche Range Cooker... Your quite welcome to come round and tell her on my behalf, just need to find a night when she's not out UFC training.
    thanks for the offer but sadly i must decline. im sure you knew my comment was meant tongue in cheek and not to cause offence, but apparently not everyone does. anyway, enjoy your katana, they are fantastic amps.