SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Carol Ann Satin 50w Head

Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
Pains me to do this, but an injury has meant that i can't play guitar a right lot, which means i'm scaling back the gigs and equipment.

And this is simply the best amp I've ever owned, but i can't justify keeping it sat unused

I've always been the type of player to get driven sounds from pedals, and Fender amps where my go to for a long time. But this Satin amp is on another level. 

It's a single channel amp, with (included) footswitchable mid boost and reverb. The reverb is stunning at every notch on the dial, the mid boost cuts through and remains musical. The amp has a pre-amp gain control, but with my strats and tele's you only get that slight hair on the notes. With a decent humbucker you have a nice breakup, but pedals are needed for lead tones etc.

No fx loop, you don't need one with this amp, everything in the front.

It has the Biasmon fitted, put new power valves in and adjust the screw on the back till the led glows Green.. and then you are all biased up! (Red led is too hot, blue is too cold). Talking of valves, I put new JJ 6L6's in it at the end of last summer and the amp has had very little use since then.

Tone wise, it's like the best Fender you ever heard, but adjust he 'Feel' control and the bottom end tightens up giving a more solid sound.

It's supposedly Alan's (mr Carol Ann) take on the Dumble SSS. I obviously can't say having not played one of those amps, but you can certainly get in the SRV territory with the right guitar and pick attack.

It's mint condition due to living in the (included) custom made flight case all of it's life.

£1250 collected from Leicester, delivery might be possible, even part delivery. Courier's are an option too.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    Bump for one of the best clean tones out there
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi, I have a home studio, and don't have to worry about neighbours just my ears! wondered how loud this is, cab you get the at least a good way towards the best out of it with studio volumes, clean? same goes pedals? Many thanks
    It was really loud, but it sounded great at every notch on the volume control. The amp never distorted with my guitars, which are all single coils, it was a beautiful clean sound. Pedals all sounded great at every volume.

It sold on eBay late last year.
  • Thanks, much appreciated. I have the silk, but was looking for something to drive  2 way cab. Sounds like this would lie on 1-3 all the time...still tempted though!
    I used to gig it on 3-4