These Wharfedale/Albion Amps

What's Hot
Has anyone picked one up? I'm looking at the 10w one to use as a practice amp but the ultra low price makes me think maybe there's a catch somewhere.
Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16004
    Don't bother
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71952
    The catch is that they’re all about ten years old already - they’re old stock from a failed brand range venture which has finally been sold off - so if they fail for anything other than a trivial part, they may be difficult or expensive to repair as there won’t be any manufacturers spares available. Not unrepairable, but it may involve more ‘creative’ work. If you’re willing to take that chance and factor the very low price against it...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • They’re firewood and landfill material 

Much better looking at Blackstar, Boss Katana etc 
  • Will steer clear then guys.

Looking at getting a small valve amp when some of my other gear finally sells.

Suppose I'll look at Fender Blues Junior or Pro Junior or one of the smaller Marshall DSL combos
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2324
    Also IIRC the 10 watt one isn't all-valve, it's just a hybrid/glorified solid state amp. It's the bigger ones which are all-valve (I haven't tried them, just to be clear).