New wah Real McCoy RMC10 or BMF wah?

What's Hot
soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
edited January 2019 in FX

Both these are available for around the same price in the UK. Which should I go for?

Play a Les Paul and a Strat with fuzz and OD through a Marshall Astoria with KT66s. Classic blues and blues rock and looking for something to play nice with those but without being all 'hey you tweak it how you like it'. I just want it to have an amazing base sound out of the box. 

I'm a huge Marc Ford fan and know he uses the BMF but he also used a lot of heroin so that's not reason enough to start copying him (or is it?) ..

Currently have an old Fulltone Clyde Deluxe from off here which is nice but it has too many knobs and I keep inadvertently changing settings so that's up for sale.

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    No experience with the BMF but the RMC10 is lovely. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    I had an RMC2 a while back and it was nice but was yet another of those 'spend too much time tweaking' pedals. The RMC10 is just a straight vintage wah with no controls except the buffer, right? 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    There are certainly no external controls... can’t remember if there are any internal trim pots (not that I ever cracked mine open). As I recall it has an output buffer. Sadly I’ve not used it much since adopting the Helix but it is one of the few pedals I’ve committed to not sell off.
    Although it’s worth mentioning there is an RMC10 wah model in the Helix (Throaty Wah) which is my favourite and the only one I use.
    So you're saying you want to sell it off cheap or swap it for some stuff to pay off your Helix? I mean, what's 'commitment' and 'resolve' anyway? :)

Nice try... ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    I've tried loads of wahs, including RMC, and the best IMO is the Xotic. So good.
    Too many knobs. 

I’ve had the Xotic too, and it was a nice wah... it to my ears it just didn’t have the character of the RMC10 though.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    edited January 2019
    simonk said:
    I’ve had the Xotic too, and it was a nice wah... it to my ears it just didn’t have the character of the RMC10 though.
    Hmmm. By 'character', do you mean narrow sweep range and thinness? :0) To me, the Teese wahs sound very authentic, but I like the Xotic because it addresses the shortcomings of vintage wahs, with the 'smooth' control etc. Teese is vintage, Xotic is 'vintage modern' if you know what I mean? I'm a vintage modern kinda guy. For example, I like strat pups with a slightly hotter bridge, so it balances etc.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    I love my RMC10.
    edited January 2019
    Spoke to Scott at BMF pedals and have subsequently ordered one of his wahs from joespedals. The fact he offers drop-in board for different wah types is very cool down the line. Now where is all the lovely heroin? 

Sweet! I bet it’s good... I’ve liked every BMF pedal I’ve ever tried.
    Love it when a builder goes out of his way to be helpful, plus the fact he built Marc Ford's wah which sounded incredible live didn't hurt. Will record a vid when it gets here. 

• Haven't tried the BMF but had the RMC10 .It was a nice wah but the Sonus Grey Fox was much better in my opinion and for the same price. There's also the Castledine drop in kit for £150.