SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: 2009 Fujigen History Les Paul Custom SH LCV

What's Hot
matt1973matt1973 Frets: 385
edited August 2020 in Guitars £

Sold pending payment.

A premium MIJ Les Paul Custom for sale. 2009 Fujigen History Les Paul Custom in Black. Very high end Japanese take on a LPC. These are rare in the UK but can easily be found listed used on USA eBay under the name Hi-Story and ten to be list at around 1800 usd.

Many impressive features. Particularly the ‘Timeless Timber’ that refers to the maple cap and neck which are manufactured from stock found at the bottom of Canadian lakes said to be hundreds of years old. 

Specifications are:

Body Top: Timeless Timber  

Body Back: Mahogany  

Neck: Timeless timber (one piece)  

Fretboard: Ebony (305mm Fretboard Radius)  Frets 22 (2.7mm)  Scale 628mm with ‘circular fretting system’ for improved intonation 

Inlays: Genuine Mother of Pearl

Tuners: GOTOH SG-301-04  

Nut: Cow Bone  

Pickup Neck: History FH-3

Pickup Bridge:  History FH-4

Bridge & Tailpiece: GOTOH  

History fitted hard case

“Custom Shop” finish

Long Tenon Neck Joint

Right up there any stock Gibson LPC I’ve played, a massive spec for the money. Generally in very good condition but there’s two small areas the on the back of the guitar that have repaired lacquer chips.

Pics here that were taken by previous owner vettahead 

https://proof.ttpgp.co.uk/TTPGP/Guitars/History-Les-Paul-Custom/i-hvDMVSF%C2%A0

£550 ppg or bank transfer

Looking to reduce guitar collection but trades px may be considered for pedals, amps, cabs.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• matt1973matt1973 Frets: 385
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    edited May 2019
    Bump
  • What exact model is this? I've done a quick bit of googling on History guitars but can't work out what model this one actually is.

What are the pickups like? Alnico 2/3/5, ceramic? Vintage voiced or modern/hot?
    edited August 2020
    This is an SH-LCV. I am certain the neck is one piece maple (not three) as specified in the 2008 range but it is cosmetically closer to a Gibson than those guitars; the inlays are like the 2010 onward models. I'll have to get back to you on the pup's I have a pic somewhere so will dig it out and get a multimeter on them but I can say the model indicates a version that is neither 2008 or 2010 but in between the two according to the number on the sticker.

Theres some good background info on www.mylespaul.com and the catalogs are located here:

https://www.shimamura.co.jp/originalbrand/pdf/index.html
  • Interesting. There's previous little info about these on the internet, so they must be pretty rare beasts! The pdf suggests that if it's more like the GH-LCV then they'd be ceramic pickups, so probably pretty high output jobs. But then if this is some kind of interim model year spec then who knows! 
  • Steve-OSteve-O Frets: 37
    A nice guitar and a very reasonable price. History is the custom shop for Shimamura Gakki, a large chain of guitar stores all over Japan. The name is a bit whack but the quality and attention to detail is really there. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Some gut shots showing the neck join and pickups located here:

https://imgur.com/a/VUld0Ca
  • @matt1973 Do you have any documentation on the guitar from the factory, or from whoever you bought it from? Looking at their 2010 catalogue the main difference between the 'GH' line and the 'SH' line of Les Pauls appears to be "Custom Shop Finish" vs "Elite Finish". That difference appears to equate to about 95,000Yen in terms of the new price. Any idea whether yours had the "Custom" or "Elite" finish?

Also, where are you based?
    Unfortunately not no. I noticed that was a jump between the two. I believe the price difference also incorporates the use of the heritage wood on both the neck and cap as opposed to just the cap. The lower model has a mahogany neck.

I’m based near Stockton/Middlesborough if you wanted to take a closer look.
  • I'll PM you, save spamming the main the classifieds forum!
    Bump
    edited January 2019
    bump
    edited February 2019
    bump
  • vettaheadvettahead Frets: 236
    Im pretty sure this one used to be mine,  here some better photos . https://proof.ttpgp.co.uk/TTPGP/Guitars/History-Les-Paul-Custom/i-hvDMVSF ;

i had to let it go as i was in a bit of a financial pickle due to bmw's being a bit crap. I imported this myself, thats a great price!   you guys can buy with confidence. 
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1316
    p'med
    edited August 2020
    Bump
    Barely played this in the past year so it is back up for sale with a considerable price drop.
  • apenkoapenko Frets: 36
    PM'd! :D 
  • serial I090133 ?