Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I wish someone would invent...

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    A cable which doesn't have an innate ability to tie a range of knots in itself whilst hiding in a gigbag.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @gringopig my ex gf showed me how to do that (before she was ex). probably the most useful thing she ever showed me
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • vizviz Frets: 10644
    It’s a south african / australian method, they all do it that way over there. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253

Mine would be a hardware multi-FX unit which doesn't come with any actual effects, but instead allows you to buy them online and download into the unit via wi-fi or Bluetooth, like a universal version of TC Toneprint crossed with the App Store, accessed from a phone or tablet. Each module should have a number of physical knobs to control the main parameters in use, and further tweakability from the remote device. Independent developers would have access to the store to sell their own creations.

I may be overlooking something like this that already exists, but if it does I haven't come across it.
    There are things a bit like that but no one has ever really run with the concept. The idea of a Tabla Rasa multi FX has long seemed good to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway back to the inventions,  I was reminiscing earlier about some gigs I played in buildings with high ceilings, hard surfaces,etc, and thought that someone should invent an anti reverb pedal. 

I'd also like an expandable car. Small car but you can enlarge sections to carry more luggage turning it into a big car if need be. One vehicle that does tiny city car stuff and can accommodate a family and luggage on holiday. But not a roof rack or a trailer. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    An ‘anti-addiction’ programme - one that could stop you over-eating, drinking too much and wasting your life on the Fretboard....
  • @EricTheWeary a legal telescopic cut&shut?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    @EricTheWeary a legal telescopic cut&shut?
    Yeh, pretty much.

You can buy a motorhome with hydraulic sides, so they expand out and the vehicle is wider when you are parked up so that kind of idea but lengthwise. And in a car. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • @EricTheWeary a legal telescopic cut&shut?
    Yeh, pretty much.

You can buy a motorhome with hydraulic sides, so they expand out and the vehicle is wider when you are parked up so that kind of idea but lengthwise. And in a car. 
    Yep I think I'd like one of those :)
  • Whatever chemicals they put in cat food to make it smell nice to a cat, I'd like a tin of double-strength dose of it for when Roobi decides not to eat something that she's hitherto been eating without complaint.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    An instant hangover removal pill.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    Self-polishing shoes.

Washing machines with noise generators that cancel the noise of a fast spin.

BRISTOL86 said:
    A machine to get me out of bed and ready for work in the morning like the Jetsons had!
    Get a butler.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    LuttiS said:
    An instant hangover removal pill.
    Already get those. 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    Something that stops cables and christmss tree lights from knotting up into a ball.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    DrJazzTap said:
    Something that stops cables and christmss tree lights from knotting up into a ball.
    This exists already - it’s called winding them up properly.

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    A penis enlarger that actually works. All the ones I tried were useless
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    @gringopig my ex gf showed me how to do that (before she was ex). probably the most useful thing she ever showed me
    She makes it look easy because she’s only doing it with a single.  Try it with a King on your own!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    ICBM said:
    DrJazzTap said:
    This exists already - it’s called winding them up properly.

;)
    I'll let you tell that to my other half :)
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • gringopig said:
    gringopig said:
    A machine which would change the duvet sheet and get all the corners snug and filled so you don't pull up a flappy bit of duvet cover to your face when getting comfy.
    You don't need one, just do this @gringopig ;

Watch from 1:12

I bet you watch it more than once as well ;)
    Well. There you go lol. I spent hours of my life stuffing the duvet into the cover. I did watch it more than once haha
    I do the covers that way ever since I remember. Tbh I didn't know other people don't do it.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    Emp_Fab said:
    @gringopig my ex gf showed me how to do that (before she was ex). probably the most useful thing she ever showed me
    She makes it look easy because she’s only doing it with a single.  Try it with a King on your own!
    I shall do exactly that in the morning, with a match report.