Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I wish someone would invent...

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    A personal transport device that is the size of a skateboard that hovers above the ground.

We could call it a ‘hoverboard’.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
    edited January 2019
    A virtual reality recording/mixing studio ... so you can interface your DAW within a bunch of fancy studio environements, which also have their own sonic blueprint. Would be interesting to intergrate this with something like the waves nx virtual mix room. 

Virtual reality which integrates the nervous system to bring about tactile sensory awareness. 
    Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
  • vizviz Frets: 10643
    A set of templates you can put over a standard piano keyboard that explains modes, keys, circle of fifths, etc. 

I’m on it
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    Virtual reality which integrates the nervous system to bring about tactile sensory awareness. 
    You dirty bugger.
    ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Jelly moulds in the shape of female celebrity bottoms
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    Now you've got me thinking.....

After a few moments thought, I've decided against it.  As much as I adore Ms's Willoughby and Riley, it would be far too close to necrophilia.

I'm telling you - whoever invents the groin attachment for the Oculus Rift and writes suitable er... 'games' for it is going to make Bill Gates look like a pauper.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • I'm a bit I'l at the moment with high temperature and aching bones etc, and I dreamt during the night that I managed to interacti myself with the Hive thermostat and successfully reduced my temperature via the app. That would be something
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • horsehorse Frets: 1561
    I was on a smaller jet that landed in the fog last year, and the pilot then announced that due to the conditions he had let the plane computer land it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11788
    Anti-salt, like when you fuckup and over salt during cooking and want to save the meal.

https://www.rachaelray.com/2010/01/25/too-much-salt-tips-on-saving-an-oversalted-dish/

• I'd like a device that you hide somewhere in the company's premises and it emits brainwaves that convince the management that they don't need you physically on site to do your job, it would be OK to log in from home. While I get that some jobs do require a physical presence, and others require it some of the time, I have worked for too many people who think you can't be doing your job properly unless your bum is on a seat in their building. Chuck that thinking out and you'll save a lot of rush-hour trafiic.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    I'd like a device that you hide somewhere in the company's premises and it emits brainwaves that convince the management that they don't need you physically on site to do your job, it would be OK to log in from home. While I get that some jobs do require a physical presence, and others require it some of the time, I have worked for too many people who think you can't be doing your job properly unless your bum is on a seat in their building. Chuck that thinking out and you'll save a lot of rush-hour trafiic.
    I hope they never do that to me, I just don't have the self discipline. 
    Nobody is going to pay me to sit at home in my pants eating Monster Munch while watching Jeremy Kyle. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    DrJazzTap said:

I'll let you tell that to my other half :)
    This year MrsICBM put the Christmas lights away. She was not pleased when I insisted on getting them out again and putting them away properly...

:)

None of my cables ever tangle, but I am a boring geek with OCD ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    Lodious said:
    A device that makes cables stay when you pass them up behind a desk for just long enough to get from under the desk and grab them. 
    they already have  - is called an 18" ruler with attached rubber band...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    A machine which would change the duvet sheet and get all the corners snug and filled so you don't pull up a flappy bit of duvet cover to your face when getting comfy.
    You don't need one, just do this @gringopig ;

Watch from 1:12

I bet you watch it more than once as well ;)
    I'd have a go at flipping her inside out...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    A machine which would change the duvet sheet and get all the corners snug and filled so you don't pull up a flappy bit of duvet cover to your face when getting comfy.
    You don't need one, just do this @gringopig ;

I bet you watch it more than once as well ;)
    Isn't that what everyone does?
    Missus munckee showed me this technique in the days before we had kids when she did all the housework.  I went to a mates house a while later and he said he couldn't get the cover on, I demonstrated this to a room full of blokes, they nearly burnt me for being a witch...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12254
    Anti-salt, like when you fuckup and over salt during cooking and want to save the meal.

Can't anti salt but sugar balances chilli if you put too much in.

I'd like something that reminds me what I went upstairs/downstairs for.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckee said:
    gringopig said:
    You don't need one, just do this @gringopig ;;

I bet you watch it more than once as well
    Isn't that what everyone does?
    Missus munckee showed me this technique in the days before we had kids when she did all the housework.  I went to a mates house a while later and he said he couldn't get the cover on, I demonstrated this to a room full of blokes, they nearly burnt me for being a witch...
    It honestly stuns me that there are people in the world who a) don't do it this way, and b) didn't figure out that it's the easiest way when they first left home.

C'mon, people...

Lemon juice, but not enough that you can taste it.
    <space for hire>
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Shoes with built in toe nail clippers.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    Nitefly said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    @gringopig my ex gf showed me how to do that (before she was ex). probably the most useful thing she ever showed me
    She makes it look easy because she’s only doing it with a single.  Try it with a King on your own!
    I shall do exactly that in the morning, with a match report.

Well, I did it this morning, with a king-size duvet, and in all honesty it didn't seem any quicker than my usual method.  The biggest issue was getting the duvet cover inside-out in the first place.  Also I'm only 5'8" so I don't really have a wide-enough span.

I like the smiling lady though.