eBay team built Relic Tele for £4.5k anyone? Apparently it’s ‘very rare’.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5000
    Strat54 said: Your J.W.Black @Gassage would have been all done with him, he wasn't of the just final assemble era. Have one of his Tele's, its pretty unique feeling. I remember your guitar from the TGP days. 
    I thought that raw bodies, necks and hardware were shipped off to Vince and his team and were painted and aged by them, and then bagged up according to which body, neck and hardware went together well from an aging point of view; then they were shipped backed to the Custom Shop to be assembled by the team there. If not that, what do you think the process was?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31492
    axisus said:
    What's with this team built thing? Are they tagging in and out when they get exhausted or something? It doesn't take that long for just one person to put some parts together. It's not like they are actually making anything?
    The team comprises five people. Four of them have one neck screw each and the fifth shouts "GO!"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2365
    Strat54 said: Your J.W.Black @Gassage would have been all done with him, he wasn't of the just final assemble era. Have one of his Tele's, its pretty unique feeling. I remember your guitar from the TGP days. 
    I thought that raw bodies, necks and hardware were shipped off to Vince and his team and were painted and aged by them, and then bagged up according to which body, neck and hardware went together well from an aging point of view; then they were shipped backed to the Custom Shop to be assembled by the team there. If not that, what do you think the process was?
    Yes that's correct but possibly not if you specified one built by J.W.Black, he did ageing work too. When he left Fender he did the early Suhr Antiques for John and the Linhof guitars. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom