Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot
munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
edited January 2019 in Events
New list for those attending Water Rats;

@Fuengi @lovestrat74 @peteri @Tone71 @Flanging_Fred @Jonathangus @customkits @grappagreen @springhead ;;
@McToot @Bridgehouse @markblagdon ;;

Song choices so far for those definitely attending shown below.  With the absence of Darthed we need to make sure we can cover singing for our choices, messrs Mark Blagdon and Bridgehouse have tentatively agreed to do some singing.  The aim is to come up with 20 solid choices from this list and hopefully give each song nominee first refusal of which parts on their own choices.

Not mentioned in here but there was some discussion about some classic radiohead, fake plastic trees or the bends, just need to find someone to sing it!

Can those who have not suggested any suggest at least one, you don't have to know the solo's etc just pick the song and particularly whether you have an interested in vocals!

Song 1 Artist Song 2 Artist
Fuengi + jr A Punk Vampire Weekend
Lovestrat74 + jr
Peteri You Shook Me All Night Long AC DC Wanted Dead or Alive Bon Jovi
Tone71
Flanging-Fred
Jonathangus
Sev112 All Night Long Rainbow
customkits Sweet Emotion Aerosmith Cyborg Bette Clutch
grappagreen
springhead
McToot Two Princes Spin Doctors Closing Time Semisonic
Bridgehouse
MarkBlagdon Rocks  Primal Scream
Munckee + jr Comfortably Numb Pink Floyd The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down The Band
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi,

I suggested the following in a previous post;

Times Like These - Foo Fighters
    If You Tolerate This - Manic Street Preachers
    Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
    I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs

Happy to play and sing BV's on these.

Si

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1583
    I Saw Her Standing There would be good for one.  I'll try and think of some more.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Need to confer with Fuengi Jr on song choice! Arcade Fire Rebellion looks a possibility! 

Right. After much discussion, several glasses of wine (me only) and a trawl through my record collection Herbie (aka Fuengi Jr) and I have decided we'd like to take a stab at Yellow by Coldplay.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    So I mentioned in the other thread, maybe ‘Crossroads’ by Cream to give me a reason to finally learn (some of) the solo plus seemed like a decent track for a few people to take a turn or something. 

Had also mentioned Pearl Jam ‘Alive’ if anyone else fancies doing it with me but would be just as happy playing any Black Crowes or even more Cream type stuff depending on what anyone else might fancy doing. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Cheers chaps will update the spreadsheet tomorrow.  I like crossroads and yellow both good options. Never played Saw her standing there but like the song.

@lovestrat74 @Tone71 @Flanging_Fred @Jonathangus sorry if youhave put any ideas on the other thread, I couldn't see any but there are many pages, sorry if I've missed but have you got any thoughts for songs, looking to do a spreadsheet of two songs each.
  • I'll speak to the boy and we'll post a song each :+1: 
    I'll speak to the boy and we'll post a song each :+1: 
    Nice one, I'm bringing Miss Munckee so will put a song choice of hers to sing instead of mine.  Might need some brave volunteers though its not likely to be the normal sort of suggestions! : )
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Hi, I added Ain’t No Love in the Heart of the City, from Whitesnake as a potential second song on the other thread.  Mainly beause  everything’s is simple, and gives the opportunity for one or 2 improvised solos over simplechords, which I think would be quite fun for any of us to have a go at as it’s basic Aminor pentatonic.  No need to copy Micky Moody or Bernie Marsden’s professional solos.
    i think tha would be quite a fun thing for a jam

but I don’t mind any way :)

happy to isng on All Night Long, and or this one

• munckee said:
    I'll speak to the boy and we'll post a song each :+1: 
    Nice one, I'm bringing Miss Munckee so will put a song choice of hers to sing instead of mine.  Might need some brave volunteers though its not likely to be the normal sort of suggestions! : )
    Oh good so is Miss M going to sing all the high pitched, high octane songs that us knuckle draggers can't get near  =)
  • OK, I'll chuck a couple into the mix for those of us who don't choose to solo much:

29 x The Pain - The Wildhearts
    Die Laughing - Therapy?

And one I reckon is singable for me - Under the Bridge.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    Posted on the other thread however I'll go for........

Get Back - The Beatles

Black Magic Woman - Fleetwood Mac

Don't know how this all works but happy to join you on Black Magic Woman in whatever capacity. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    soma1975 said:
    Don't know how this all works but happy to join you on Black Magic Woman in whatever capacity. 
    Last time we all chose 2 songs each and created a playlist, then said what parts we would like to play on in what capacity (vocals, bass, lead etc) and learnt our parts. 

It worked really well with the main focus on fun and helping bedroom and non regular players to leave the house and play with others there is no room for an ego that's for sure.

Its also nice to have the other studios downstairs to practise and mingle in, just a great day and I'm looking forward to seeing the song list.

okay cool. Looking forward to it. Haven't played outside my house in years!

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Thanks for pulling this together munckee 
    is there a full list of potentials yet for us to +1 the ones we’d like to join in on? The format of the first post has gone haywire on my iPad so I can’t quite work it out.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Will post an updated spreadsheet later, I just copied and pasted from excel previously, if there is a smarter way of doing it let me know (I know obvs just checking you lot know!)

In terms of choosing songs, there are 15 attendees and my plan is for each to have a choice on the list with the person who's song choice getting first dibs of what part they want, then agree on poss 5 more songs between us, then fill the spots on those and the other slots on the first 15.

Re the payments just so I can check @soma1975 ; is your surname that of a football team or are your initials BS?
    BS. Cheers. 

Further to my earlier post have checked back to last years Water Rats and we had 22 songs including second goes.  If each of the 15 make one confirmed song choice (subject to having a volunteer to sing) and have first dibs of parts that will leave I think an extra 5 songs to agree on. For those who came last year it was quite full on in the song room so having two songs less seems like a good idea.

Suggestions to date, sorry if I have missed any:

Song 1 Artist Song 2 Artist
    Fuengi + jr A Punk Vampire Weekend Yellow Coldplay
    Lovestrat74 + jr
    Peteri You Shook Me All Night Long AC DC Wanted Dead or Alive Bon Jovi
    Tone71 Get Back The Beatles Black Magic Woman Fleetwood Mac
    Flanging-Fred
    Jonathangus 29 x The Pain The Wildhearts Die Laughing Therapy
    Sev112 All Night Long Rainbow Aint no love in the hart of the city Whitesnake
    customkits Sweet Emotion Aerosmith Cyborg Bette Clutch
    grappagreen Times Like These Foo Fighters If you tolerate this Manics
    springhead I Saw Her Standing There The Beatles
    McToot Two Princes Spin Doctors Closing Time Semisonic
    Bridgehouse
    MarkBlagdon Rocks  Primal Scream
    Munckee + jr Comfortably Numb Pink Floyd The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down The Band
    Soma 1975 Crossroads Cream Alive Pearl Jam
    First rehearsal yesterday. Went ok. Looks like I'll be taking acoustic with Herbie playing the electric power chords and flourishes. 

Bass, drums and vocals will need covering by others!