new specs

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NPPNPP Frets: 236
    DiscoStu said:
    Yeah you still get bifocals @NPP they come in various sizes and shapes of bifocal segment.

Sorry, my comment may have been influenced by lots of rum! Yes you need to move your head rather than your eyes if you're e.g. looking round a room or area so that you are looking through the same part of the lens. The outer edges of the lenses will introduce peripheral distortion although the latest Freeform designs reduce this.
    What I was getting at was vertical movement, say moving from distance to near. Some people take time to adapt from moving their head up and down to just moving their eyes.

thanks!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A big problem with mine seems to be the size of the working area: if reading music I need to scan a lot wider area than the dot I'm playing but these specs won't allow it. Likewise if looking at source code on a screen, I need to see the whole screen not just the half a line that is visible in the middle distance part of the lens, and disappears if my head moves by more than 0,1mm.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31557
    You need occupational varifocals then. 
  • p90fool said:
    You need occupational varifocals then. 
    Thanks I'll mention that at the opticians. But I think I'd rather have specs for driving, and maybe bifocals for the other usage.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself