Holy toot! 1st practice in years tomorrow.

What's Hot
I haven't been in a band for years. Proper years. A couple of old pals (we're in our 40s) with a similar story have asked me if I'd like to meet up tomorrow and have a jam to see what happens.
I used to be in a metal band. Drummer was in a funk/rock band and the bassist was guitarist in a grindcore/death metal band. There's a young lad (early 20s) joining us who plays the open mic circuit so it's looking like an acoustic sesh which could be ... Interesting.
Young lad has a list of songs to get us going but they're all very 'young team'! I don't think it'll take too long before us older lot break out some grunge or metal to teach him!
I'll be on guitar and maybe singing. See how it goes.
Nervous but excited.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    Well that was an interesting and pretty successful afternoon for a first jam together! The young lad has a great voice (quite husky) which is a major bonus. I sang a few tunes too. We didn't have a plan so just jammed any songs that got put out there and we ended up with a surprising list of contenders:

Foster the People: Pumped up Kicks
    Turin Brakes: Underdog
    Radiohead: High & Dry
    Blackstreet: No Diggity
    Stereophonics: Dakota
    Ben Howard: The Fear
    MGMT: Kids
    Chris Isaak: Wicked Game

Now that's not a list I would have written beforehand so really excited about playing various new songs. 
    So I've just got to learn that Underdog solo for next week...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10645
    Great to learn unusual new stuff, good luck!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    I would never have thought to try No Diggity! But it works really well played kinda lazy on acoustic and the singer's voice suits it great. I was chucking in vocal harmonies too and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

No Sex on Fire!