Ernie Ball Music man Albert Lee HH

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Oof.  More of this sort of content is fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7731
    @Winny_Pooh @Majorscale ;

Yup, that's the one...  was it that long ago?!  Blimey.

Great guitar and I really wish I hadn't sold it - that's the one that got away for me.  If you ever need to sell it, look me up!

Which pickups did you go for @Winny_Pooh?
    Hi, I put in a Fletcher PAF style (42awg wound to around 8.7k) but replaced the alnico iv magnet (prob better with an LP) with an unorientated alnico v which is perfect as it fattens up the low end. 

The neck has a filtertron style pickup but I may replace it with a Creamery custom 13 or something else down the line.

The originals are basically Dimarzio EVH/Axis pickups and way too hot and dark for my taste. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16010
    The originals are quite dark but I think they are one of the best pickups I have ever heard ......I play mine through a Carr Rambler /Fender Blackface and the 2 go together perfectly....the amp gives back that bit of treble but they never sound harsh and suit the guitar really well......very warm and fat chewy
    It's a shame they only make a pretty nasty looking raw wood stained model now because the pastel colours suit the Art Deco / 1950s style shape of the guitar really well...............very California '54 Chevy Bel-air 
  • Del_PrestonDel_Preston Frets: 76
    edited January 2019
    Yes, that guitar had a lot of grunt and was quite dark sounding...  would be interested to hear it now.  Always thought it had a great range of sounds, especially given the 'african' mahogany body (sapele?) & rosewood neck construction.  I used to use it for a two and a half hour function band set and it did everything really well, but definitely was in its element doing the rocking end of the night tracks.
  • Would love to see MM release a special edition Albert for this man...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXhUU_xYYgI
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    edited January 2019
    Amazing guitars. Had to sell mine to fund a new guitar I was having built. I took all its best qualities from it though and tried to apply it to the build. Still miss it though. Hope you find one 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    I now have a black one, just like Annie Clark/St Vincent's. I don't look this good playing it though!

No one looks this good doing anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd really love to find a vintage white model with the pearl pickgaurd like the one blues saraceno is using in the AL HH review 
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3098
    edited January 2019
    Yeovil Guitars have a Stirling Albert Lee in vintage white for £399 https://www.facebook.com/345694398967845/posts/1011294212407857/
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • Ahh it's not a sterling I'm after it was a US model 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Would love to see MM release a special edition Albert for this man...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXhUU_xYYgI
    It's actually not dissimilar to his old Samick signature model.  I'm not suggesting one influenced the other, but he obviously likes that kind of smallish, compact design.