Can anything do the ehx c9 b9 key9 etc stuff

What's Hot
longshinslongshins Frets: 246
just wondering... I need one quite desperately for my band but they cost a fair bit and aren’t ideal for live use without messing about switching modes. Is there another option? Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    Roland GR-55 but you'll need a a GK pickup and to install it and so nothing really quick there.
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 246
    Kebabkid said:
    Roland GR-55 but you'll need a a GK pickup and to install it and so nothing really quick there.
    Yeah want to avoid the gk route if possible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Boss overtone

The EHX pedals are shit.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    edited January 2019
    Would a pog be suitable? That can do synthy type sounds I think.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Boss overtone

The EHX pedals are shit.
    Make sure you use the Overtone with overdrive though, sounds good awful without it (quite brilliant with it though)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Boss overtone

The EHX pedals are shit.
    The Boss Overtone sounds pretty shit as well though. I was looking at the Andy PGS demo only recently (he usually manages to make most things sound good) and it was glitchy with wobbly tracking. Sounded like a bad pitchshifter. Mooer did try to do a cheapo EHX organ rip off a few years ago (Mooergan), but I think they were threatened with court action and it never happened.

An octave pedal with some modulation (ideally rotary or fast flanging/phasing) and some crunch can give you some organ like sounds. A lot of it is how you play, i.e like a organ - stabby staccato style with no bends or slides.
    Yeah I get can close using my ehx ringthing with polyphonic octave down into a fast ‘leslie’ chorus. It’s just the ehx 9 series pedals sound more real and have other useful instruments in them. Surprised nobody has done a copy... dare I mention Helix?
    tFB Trader
    Octafish said:
    Boss overtone

The EHX pedals are shit.
    The Boss Overtone sounds pretty shit as well though. I was looking at the Andy PGS demo only recently (he usually manages to make most things sound good) and it was glitchy with wobbly tracking. Sounded like a bad pitchshifter. Mooer did try to do a cheapo EHX organ rip off a few years ago (Mooergan), but I think they were threatened with court action and it never happened.

An octave pedal with some modulation (ideally rotary or fast flanging/phasing) and some crunch can give you some organ like sounds. A lot of it is how you play, i.e like a organ - stabby staccato style with no bends or slides.

Tracking on the overtone is perfect even with overdrive.

The EHX pedals shit the bed if you even put a compressor in front of them and then break.

• The demos for the Overtone do sound abysmal, but they do sound great for organ noises with overdrive, I love mine
    tFB Trader
    I think rabeas demo gives a fair account.

Organ guitar is more of a technique than anything an effect can do for you. If you know how to do it you just need a chorus.
  • Octafish said:
    Boss overtone

The EHX pedals are shit.

The EHX pedals shit the bed if you even put a compressor in front of them and then break.

The tracking is flawless on the boss unit but that is also the case with the ehx stuff.
    I've been happily using a Mel 9 and a synth 9 for ages. So far so good etc
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    tFB Trader
    Octafish said:
    Boss overtone

The EHX pedals are shit.

The tracking is flawless on the boss unit but that is also the case with the ehx stuff.

Yeah it always annoys me when people go on about the tracking as they aren't tracking anything it's not how it works.

The problem with the B9 is that the key click triggering goes wonky if you have anything in front of it.

I had a variety of other issues which made it useless for live use then it broke.
    Octafish said:
    Boss overtone

The EHX pedals are shit.

Yeah it always annoys me when people go on about the tracking as they aren't tracking anything it's not how it works.

The problem with the B9 is that the key click triggering goes wonky if you have anything in front of it.

I had a variety of other issues which made it useless for live use then it broke.
    Can you elaborate on why it was useless and the other issues please?
  • For the b9 eqd have an organ pedal. I'd like the ehx Mel 9. I like the ideo of some mellotron

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    For the b9 eqd have an organ pedal. I'd like the ehx Mel 9. I like the ideo of some mellotron

The EQD pedal is much more classic church organ sounding, the B9 is more varied , personal favourites being the Gospel and Full, they have more of the Hammond sound that I prefer for what I do.

The C9 is good, I liked the shimmer setting and the Lord Purple is perfect for smoke on the water, however I kept the B9 because it seemed a bit simpler.

I also have the Mel 9, they are great pedals for adding some different sounds when you are an acoustic solo player

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Octafish said:
    Boss overtone

The EHX pedals are shit.

Fair enough, just going from the PGS demo (who usaully flatter gear) it sounded wobbly and glitchy without overdrive. Reminded me of the Boss Harmonist I tried out for a bit a while ago, inconsistent without an overdrive pedal in front, which was rather limiting.
  • Octafish said:
    Octafish said:
    Boss overtone

The EHX pedals are shit.

Fair enough, just going from the PGS demo (who usaully flatter gear) it sounded wobbly and glitchy without overdrive. Reminded me of the Boss Harmonist I tried out for a bit a while ago, inconsistent without an overdrive pedal in front, which was rather limiting.
    I'm not sure the Overtone is quite the same as a pitch sisters in how it works, not least because it uses a very low power supply requirement and is very happy being daisy chained, so none of the usual digital pedal pitfalls seem to apply
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 618
    I don't remember being impressed by the demos I heard of the Earthquaker Organizer, but I do remember it exists. It's possible it does the thing you want.
    barnstorm said:
    I don't remember being impressed by the demos I heard of the Earthquaker Organizer, but I do remember it exists. It's possible it does the thing you want.
    Nope, don’t want the glitchy, shrill thing. It’s going to be for covers so needs to sound as close to the real thing as possible, I think EHX don’t really have any competition minus going the gk route which sucks if you are a sloppy player like me.