The Answer Is Hot Rod Deluxe... Isn't It?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Philtre said:
    Is one side shorter than the other?
    No, that's my house...
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72227
    MrBump said:
    Philtre said:
    Is one side shorter than the other?
    No, that's my house...
    It's caused by the magnetic field of the speaker in the Fender bass cab.

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    I have had a Blues Delux for several years. The clean channel is better IMHO, and I use a Thorpy Gunshot for drive. Covers most bases for a covers band guitarist except for Heavy Metal. Before that I had a peavey classic 30, but the Fender clean is better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11445
    Mark1960 said:
    I have had a Blues Delux for several years. The clean channel is better IMHO, and I use a Thorpy Gunshot for drive. Covers most bases for a covers band guitarist except for Heavy Metal. Before that I had a peavey classic 30, but the Fender clean is better.

The Fender is a lot better built as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    crunchman said:
    Mark1960 said:

crunchman said:
    Mark1960 said:

Don't think there is much in it to be honest. The Fender is bigger and heavier, but apart from that both are pretty solid I would say
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72227
    Mark1960 said:
    crunchman said:

Don't think there is much in it to be honest. The Fender is bigger and heavier, but apart from that both are pretty solid I would say
    No, the Fender is much better built than the Peavey. More reliable and also a lot easier to work on if it does go wrong...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4169
    ICBM said:
    Mark1960 said:
    crunchman said:

No, the Fender is much better built than the Peavey. More reliable and also a lot easier to work on if it does go wrong...
    Ah, the Peavey's triple-decker PCB of doom....
    ICBM said:
    Mark1960 said:
    crunchman said:

Having not had to take either to bits, I bow to your greater experience.