Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Official FB Jam - Sasquatch (Huddersfield) Edition - 16/17th February 2019 - Weekender!!

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    edited January 2019
    I don’t think I’d volunteered for the solo on remedy, if anyone else wants it I’m happy to just play rhythm. Otherwise I’ll make a poor version up......

Also just rhythm and singing on Brown sugar, assume vasselmayer is doing slidey bits.

Can also do Rhythm or solo on Hard to Handle if needed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is anyone down to sing Hard to Handle? That's one of my faves and happy to rhythm pr bass as well 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 483
    Guys, really sorry to do this but I'm going to have to pull out of the whole weekend. Don't really want to go into details but some serious family problems have come about that means I can't really commit to anything that puts me out of reach for any length of time.

Hope everything goes well and that you all have a blast. Hopefully this won't be the last Huddersfield jam. I'll definitely be at the next one.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Hope the family situation resolves well, @RedRabbit ;
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    ^ updated.

@thomasross20 - I've suggested above that Holiday Road be swapped with The Chain - having trawled back through the song suggestions this was one of yours as well and I think it'll work a lot better than Holiday Road.

Also I've added Live Wire as the potential AC/DC song - there was a lot of chat about this initially and it seems the easier of all the AC/DC suggestions so far.  And if there's time at the end of the day @Bridgehouse expressed a desire to bass on I Think We're Alone Now so I've resurrected that one.

I have an attendee list of 13 people which is a bit low - any ideas about putting feelers out to get more attendees?  There's not a single newbie on this list by my reckoning.

Also, I'm not dictating the list, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know and I'll amend as appropriate.
    Also @mrkb I noticed you'd suggested singing Remedy (popular song that!) so I've put you down for it.  I wouldn't mind a crack at it as well so we could perhaps do two versions because a lot of people want to play on that song.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    @Modellista I’m fine with that. Unfornately I’m only going to be able to make the Saturday - and won’t be able to attend the gig in the evening - @Bridgehouse I’m happy to pay the full price as this is a little last minute.
  • I think we may not have enough singers??  I'm down for 6 tracks and it looks greedy, feel free to take some off me..

I'm probably also on two that are on the gig list.. (I've not seen this list in ages)

Do we have too many songs now perhaps??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Can you take me off Learn to Fly, time says i don't have time to learn - and you already have 2 guitars on it :)

Otherwise all super ok cool mister. 
  • @Modellista put us down for live wire, need your love and day tripper
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    @Modellista I’m fine with that. Unfornately I’m only going to be able to make the Saturday - and won’t be able to attend the gig in the evening - @Bridgehouse I’m happy to pay the full price as this is a little last minute.
    Ok Richard, no probs - do you fancy any more playing in the studio then?  You're only down for a couple of things.

I think we may not have enough singers??  I'm down for 6 tracks and it looks greedy, feel free to take some off me..

I'm probably also on two that are on the gig list.. (I've not seen this list in ages)

Do we have too many songs now perhaps??
    Let's not take you off anything for now.  Obviously if there's high demand from others for more parts we can have a rethink.

Singer-wise, it would be nice to have more, I agree.  Between those who have already put their names down I'm sure we can fill in the blanks, but if anyone else wants to put their hands up, that would be great.

Provisional gig list is here.  

We have four songs an hour between 12pm and 5pm.  The last two on the list are "extras", as in if they don't get played nobody's going to mind too much.  Looks about right to me.  I think it's sensible to have a few extras in case we need to drop a few in the event of no-shows.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Holiday road we did at Quad, and are planning to gig, hence it was in there 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Holiday road we did at Quad, and are planning to gig, hence it was in there 
    Hands up, I did not know that.  Who sang it at Quad?  Do they fancy it again?
  • Holiday road we did at Quad, and are planning to gig, hence it was in there 
    Tommy will sing it...  it's backing Vox that are in question iirc
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Holiday road we did at Quad, and are planning to gig, hence it was in there 
    Tommy will sing it...  it's backing Vox that are in question iirc
    Ok cool, he initially said backing Vx only, hence my confusion.  

Holiday Road, rhythm/lead + backing vox, album version (Lindsay Buckingham)

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited January 2019
    I've given up trying to follow it. Very relaxed about it, it'll be fine. I'll find a slot somewhere, or just jam. (Ta for your efforts).
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    edited January 2019
    Also @mrkb I noticed you'd suggested singing Remedy (popular song that!) so I've put you down for it.  I wouldn't mind a crack at it as well so we could perhaps do two versions because a lot of people want to play on that song.

I'll give singing Remedy a go, as long as I can do version on guitar as well.  

I cant sing and play drums on Lil devil - Im not Phil Collins!!!!

Will shout\vocalize "Ace of Spades" and "Fight for your right"

Will add some rhythm guitar chords to "All along the Watch tower"

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1