Now NAD: EVH 5150 iii users talk to me :)

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23965
    That's interesting about the gain, I tried out a 50w 5150 and I liked the features and size,  but it had too much gain for me, which meant I couldn't really get the sounds I wanted out of it as I just couldn't dial it in,
    I had a 50w, and loved it - but I do like quite low powered 'buckers.

I can well imagine something with a high output being a bit over the top.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I wish the red channel was as ‘open sounding’ as the blue channel!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • That’s the second bargain I’ve picked up in just over a week. The first being my Gibson Les Paul custom shop axcess at 1K

They good luck comes in threes so I’m wondering if a third bargain awaits 
    If you now get offered a Helix for a fiver I’ll be really annoyed. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Great amps IMHO I gig my 100 all the time. Very versatile amp I use it for classic rock and it has plenty of balls! They come alive at gig volume! The 50 is pretty good too but has more gain. My 50 has been modded by Dan Gower to negate the volume drop between green and blue it’s plenty loud enough for gigs. Highly underrated amps.  Loops are very good too. Not tried the Mickey Mouse 15W version- I don’t do little amps!
    Interesting re: the mod. 

How does it behave at gig volumes? 
    I found my volume jump issue just disappeared after about 2.5 on the master. 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4287
    edited January 2019
    New knobs on the front. Far easier to find the gain and volume now for the individual channels 

Have also carried out the resistor mod for the blue channel so it now has the same amount of gain as the 50 watt version and sounds fuller 

• Great amps IMHO I gig my 100 all the time. Very versatile amp I use it for classic rock and it has plenty of balls! They come alive at gig volume! The 50 is pretty good too but has more gain. My 50 has been modded by Dan Gower to negate the volume drop between green and blue it’s plenty loud enough for gigs. Highly underrated amps.  Loops are very good too. Not tried the Mickey Mouse 15W version- I don’t do little amps!
    Interesting re: the mod. 

How does it behave at gig volumes? 
    I found my volume jump issue just disappeared after about 2.5 on the master. 

It has a gain and volume pot on the green channel same as the latest models (had it done way before the new ones came out!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom