Rivera amp guidance

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    edited January 2019
    kipple said:

@ICBM ;;I have a broken Rivera M100 if you fancy fixing it..I dont think it's just tubes.

As soon as I turn it on it starts redplating the powertubes
    I tried swapping out the power tubes in the rivera for some others that are known to be good and it did the same thing.
    Then I took the power tubes from the rivera and tested them in a marshall and they worked fine.
    Setting the bias does not seem to make any difference...
    Yes, that is almost certainly a bias supply failure. Interestingly it's one of the very few things that goes wrong with the Rivera-designed Fender Concert series - there's a resistor in the supply that's very marginal spec and can burn out.

If you're anywhere near central Scotland I would be happy to have a look at it, if not any good tech should be able to find it in a matter of minutes. I probably wouldn't ship it for a fairly simple fault, couriers can do a lot of damage...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kipplekipple Frets: 354
    ICBM said:
    kipple said:

@ICBM ;;I have a broken Rivera M100 if you fancy fixing it..I dont think it's just tubes.

I tried swapping out the power tubes in the rivera for some others that are known to be good and it did the same thing.
    Then I took the power tubes from the rivera and tested them in a marshall and they worked fine.
    Yes, that is almost certainly a bias supply failure. Interestingly it's one of the very few things that goes wrong with the Rivera-designed Fender Concert series - there's a resistor in the supply that's very marginal spec and can burn out.

If you're anywhere near central Scotland I would be happy to have a look at it, if not any good tech should be able to find it in a matter of minutes. I probably wouldn't ship it for a fairly simple fault, couriers can do a lot of damage...
    Hi
    I am in south wales and I would not fancy shipping 
    Thanks for the advice though
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    edited January 2019
    kipple said:
    ICBM said:
    kipple said:

@ICBM ;;;I have a broken Rivera M100 if you fancy fixing it..I dont think it's just tubes.

Hi
    Get it in with Tony Packer in Porthcawl, really good tech.
  • kipplekipple Frets: 354
    welshboyo said:
    kipple said:
    ICBM said:
    kipple said:

@ICBM ;;;I have a broken Rivera M100 if you fancy fixing it..I dont think it's just tubes.

Hi
    Get it in with Tony Packer in Porthcawl, really good tech.
    Hi
    I will look him up
    Thanks
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds