terminal blocks

Does anyone have any recommendations for terminal blocks, barrier strips or things like that for wiring up guitars? I've used europe style ones before, but they're a bit chunky which makes things a bit cramped (think 8mm pitch is the smallest, and also the bodies are quite large). All the smaller r/c or PCB header ones seem to come in one half screw, one half PCB types, I suppose the pots could be directly soldered and use the screw terminal side for the pickups, but any alternatives out there? (Or just use the same side for all connections?)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rauldukeraulduke Frets: 81
    I've looked before and it's difficult to find small spacing terminal strip.

I imagine that's due to it predominantly being used for domestic electrical wiring etc.

Farnell/Rapid might be worth a crack (minimum order value etc. will be applicable though).
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Thought that might be the case, might try butchering one of the small r/c ones. Didn't get far with farnell.
  • rauldukeraulduke Frets: 81
    Yeah just had a quick look on rapid and the smallest I could find was 8mm.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Anybody tried the Wago stuff linky ?
    I've got it bookmarked for a go next time I'm doing a pickguard, just life keeps getting in the way.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6146
    That Wago stuff looks good, but seems a bit big for putting into a guitar's control cavity?
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    26mm x 20mm x 15mm sounds pretty small to me.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    I guess you'd be more likely to use the 2 pole one, ~ 20mm x 14mm x 11mm. I'd guess a single connection 8mm pitch eurostyle barrier would be about 18 x 17 x (<16) (last number because you could cut out the spacers, might be able to get down to 10mm).
    So a bit more compact, I also found it was the edges on the eurostyle stuff that caused problems, making it a bit more difficult to pack them in. Fitting one connection in is fine, once you get to two tapped pickups or three singles though you have 6 of them to get in there and it depends how much space is available. Would have to check what pitch I used last time though.
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6146
    FX_Munkee said:
    26mm x 20mm x 15mm sounds pretty small to me.
    As the OP says, you'd have to add several of them. Each one is about the size of a chunk of chocolate. (hmmm.... chocolate...)